Selwy

MSI X79A-GD65 (8D)

Intel® Core™ i7-3930K

G.Skillllll DIMM 32 GB DDR3-1600 - F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL,RipjawsZ-Serie

Noctua NH-D14 SE2011

PNY Quadro 4000

Corsair CMPSU 750AX

Hi guys,

I have just assembled a system with the components listed above. I'm pretty sure the PSU is broken! That's what it's doing:

When I start the system, it runs for 2 minutes and then suddenly crashes. It tries to restart a few times but it's like some fuse blows. I'm not able to start the computer again until I unplug the power supply for 10 minutes. Then it works again for 2 minutes. I have already replaced all components (RAM, VGA...) and finally the PSU last night with the one of my current workstation. It worked great with that one...

I have also done the test with the paperclip and got the same results. The fans (the PSU fan and the case fan) are turning for half a second, then the PSU makes a click noise and stops working. I have to unplug it and wait for 10 minutes to restart testing.

Kind regards,

Selwy

Thanks peanutz94 for the prompt reply. Yes, I'm still within my retailers return time. My company is located in Italy and I have ordered the components from Germany. I'm not sure what will be faster - sending it back to the retailer in Germany or use your RMA service... Do you have a Corsair outpost here in Europe too?

+1 for the RMA and return to Corsair's Netherlands premises. My PSU was in UPS hands on Monday 12th Nov in the morning and the replacement arrived yesterday morning (Tuesday 20th Nov). I'm glad I picked up Corsair when I changed my PSU.

Yous should receive a first mail very fast after you completed your request titled "Tech Support Express Case [RMAnumber] - RMA Request Received".

It will be followed shortly by a second mail called "Tech Support Express Case [RMAnumber] - RMA Approved" once they will have confirmed with Technobeard, RAM GUY or another tech support official that your RMA request is valid.

Then, expect a third mail titled "Tech Support Express Case [RMAnumber] - RMA # Assigned" with instructions on returning your product and a link to print a shipping label.

The default procedure is, afaik, that you pay the return of your product and Corsair pays the shipping of your replacement to your place. That's with standard RMA numbers starting by 524XXXX I think. Special cases introduce different procedures, but I will leave it up to the insight of Corsair officials and Customer Services to explain them if necessary.

Edit : in the midbetween, gather a copy of your original invoice, a robust cardboard to put your PSU and its original package in, some fluff to protect the inside from bumps and shocks, and when you get the mails, print the third one. Make sure your complete name, address and phone number are clearly written somewhere on your invoice, and if it is not the case, write everything down.

Once you get your RMA number, write it clearly on the cardboard in corners where it won't be covered by duct-tape or the shipping label, on several sides. If you feel it's necessary, also write UP and DOWN on the flanks!

Archived