Corsair Community

Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F480GBGT-BK

dreamphysix

The drive will work fine with Windows 8.

Make sure you have AHCI enable and the latest chipset drivers installed.

What are your system specs?

I'm planning on:

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77

EVGA 04G-P4-2690-KR GeForce GTX 690 4GB 512-bit GDDR5

CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD

Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W

Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F480GBGT-BK 2.5" 480GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive

CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (8 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

All you need to do is make sure the drive is plugged into the Intel SATA III 6.0Gb/s port and check the BIOS to see if the SATA Mode/Configuration is set to AHCI.

What do applications are you planning to put on the SSD?

Steam games, maybe some engineering software (MATLAB, Quartus, etc)

Its probably better if you put the Steam games on to the 1TB HD as the only benefit would be a faster loading time. It also gives you more free space on the SSD for other programs that you frequently use but this is totally up to you.

Thanks for the advice. What kind of software other than OS would you recommend putting on SSD then?

Microsoft Office and programs that you regularly use.

If you have programs that are used regularly and take up a lot of space, I get why there is 480GB.

But if its just a OS drive with some frequently used programs that doesn't use a lot of space, It may be better to get a lower capacity drive like 240 or 180.

Archived