Corsair Community

K90 media buttons problem with windows 8

tyty

Hello,

I encounter an issue with my K90 since I installed windows 8 pro x64. I've the lastest firmware on my keyboard and the latest K90's software installed. The mute, volume, play, stop, pause, back, next buttons don't work. Nothing happen when I push the buttons. Every time, I've to reinstall the software to make them work. Once the PC has rebooted, it doesn't work again and once again I've to reinstall the software. After a reinstall it just works for the time of the session.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

• Corsair Employees

There has been a few number of cases where the media buttons on the keyboard do not work, or the scroll wheel on our headsets do not seem to change the volume. In most cases, this is not an issue with the device but is an OS issue. Please try this if you experience this problem:

Navigate to the Control Panel. Start up Administrative Tools and click on Services. Scroll down to Human Interface Device Access and ensure the service has started up. If it is not, click on restart the service and change it to startup automatically by double clicking the service.

• 9 months later...

Archived