Corsair Community

Ram voltage.

cooldudesubho

I have this ram.

http://www.corsair.com/us/memory/intel-memory-upgrades/dual-channel-intel-memory-upgrade-kits/vengeance-4gb-single-module-ddr3-memory-kit-cmz4gx3m1a1600c9.html

And asus P8Z77-V mobo and i5 3550 cpu.

My ram voltage reported by aida64 is 1.488.Why is it not 1.5?Is it safe?System is stable for 5 months now.I can't see ram voltage in bios.

My ram voltage reported by aida64 is 1.488.Why is it not 1.5?Is it safe?System is stable for 5 months now.I can't see ram voltage in bios.
You can NOT go by AIDA as most software monitoring programs are inaccurate. You can see the voltage in the BIOS by highlighting the voltage line and hit enter, or manually set it to 1.5v.

Also most MB tend to undervolt memory anyway and may be slightly lower than what it should be. But always trust the BIOS any other software.

However if it is stable I would just leave well enough alone .

I checked the bios,it shows 1.506.And my ram speed is 1608mhz.Its 8mhz OC. Don't know why.

Not that uncommon. Some mainboards set for whatever reason a less than perfect bclk of 100.00. If you look at a utility in Windows, you might see a reading of 100.02 or similar. Nothing to be overly concerned about.

Archived