Corsair Community

3.0 dead

danwest

i've got the same problem with my 500r. the usb port furthest from the power button doesn't recognize flash drives or my usb 3.0 hard drive. the other port works fine. i tried the cable on different usb 3.0 headers in case there was something wrong with the MOBO headers and it's the same issue. i'm gonna fill out an RMA now.

• Corsair Employees

Yes please fill out the RMA request and explain it is one of the USB headers and the other user who had his replaced and still had the issue.

Did you try another USB device if so I would contact our customer servcie and they will send you another one. But check the MB connection is working with the included MB Adaptor if it has one.

• 2 weeks later...

got the new front panel today. spent over 3 hours taking out the old one and putting in the new one.

there's a difference between the new panel and the old. the old one has its usb cables manufactured by SHUO. the new panel has its usb cables manufactured by copartner.

somewhat same crap, different port. now, the port furthest from the power button works fine and the port closest to the power button doesn't work properly.

the bad port does recognize usb 3.0 devices, unlike the bad port on old panel which didn't recognize at all, but when you try to write data to the device connected, you get errors all the time. this does not happen on the other port on the panel or any other port on my PC.

i appreciate corsair sending me out the replacement but i am afraid either i am the most unlucky person on the planet or something is wrong here. i'm wondering if how the product is packaged, with the usb 3.0 cables bent/folded really hard has something to do with it.

p.s, i tried the usb 3.0 connector from the front panel on two separate usb 3.0 headers and i have verified the the issue is present when testing with both headers. i did this to rule out any possibility that my headers may be defective. i have also verified with other devices that my headers are in perfect working order. without a doubt, there is a defect in a USB 3.0 port on the front panel.

I am sorry about that but what was your case number and I will have another panel sent to you right away, also please test the USB Ports before you mount the I/O Panel

hello RAM GUY,

before i did the full mount of the I/O panel, i tested to make sure the device was recognized on both ports but i didn't test data transfers until after i fully mounted the panel. :[pouts: now i know.

here's the case number: #4971979

p.s, thank you for the support.

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry about that I have sent another message to our customer service but it may be Monday before anything can be done.

Wait our customer service said they sent you instructions on how to order the parts from our site for free, did you not get that message on the 22nd? I just resent the instructions again.

I am sorry about that I have sent another message to our customer service but it may be Monday before anything can be done.

Wait our customer service said they sent you instructions on how to order the parts from our site for free, did you not get that message on the 22nd? I just resent the instructions again.

i think that was for the last one they sent me.

I am sorry if that was used once already then you would not be able to order it again. I have asked our customer service to send another I/O panel out to you ASAP.

i got the new I/O front panel yesterday and installed it. did some extensive testing and the USB 3.0 ports seem to work just fine. thanks for the help RAM GUY.

Archived