Corsair Community

Bad ram, returned, got more bad ram...

amd-fan

Alright bought a twin ram kit to upgrade my system.

Memtest ran like I always do.

One stick bad, one stick good.

RMA-ed through the retailer I bought it from since I thought that was the right thing to do...

Got another twin kit from them, obviously used from the dust on the ram sticks.

Again one stick is bad and one is good.

I'm not a happy person right now... :mad:

• Corsair Employees
Just to make sure you don't have a bad DIMM slot I would recommend testing the known working module in each memory slot with memtest. Once you have verified that you definitely have a bad ram module then please use the link on the left of this page to request an RMA and we can replace the memory kit for you.

Yea I been jumping around on the slots testing only this kit.

Single stick works great but ton of errors on the other stick like the last kit.

Bought new 2x2 kit before (finally) upgrading to windows 7.

My old 1x1 kit I been using for years also works great, only issue there is that kit runs on 2.1v but new kit runs on 1.8v.

Is it correct I can run up to 2.1v on the TWIN2X4096-6400C5 G ?

My biggest gripe in all this is paying TWICE to ship ram back. :mad:

• Corsair Employees
Is it correct I can run up to 2.1v on the TWIN2X4096-6400C5 G ?

A: Yes the max voltage on all of our DDR2 is 2.1 Volts.

My biggest gripe in all this is paying TWICE to ship ram back.

A: Can you explain this statement? I mean did you just purchase these or were they just replaced under and RMA?

A: Can you explain this statement? I mean did you just purchase these or were they just replaced under and RMA?

I purchased from a website I've been buying from for years, one stick bad, returned to them, they send me another set that also has one bad stick in it.

Now they ask me to review it and I can say that won't be positive.

So now I am doing rma with corsair...

If I get more bad ram I'm going with another brand. :(:

I got RMA number last week is it still valid if I ship it now?

Work been crazy and holidays messed things up too.

• Corsair Employees

amd-fan,

RMA numbers are valid for Ninty days so yes that is not a problem and I would suggest you contact our customer service or post your RMA number and I will ask them to take care of the shipping for you in this case.

In addition, all of our modules are tested on a MB at the rated speed so it is rare that you would get a bad or failing module that may suggest some other issue with what you have reported.

What is the parts number of the memory you have and what is the make and model of the MB and what were the settings you had set?

Also on what test in http://www.memtest.org did you get errors on?

amd-fan,

RMA numbers are valid for thirty days so yes that is not a problem and I would suggest you contact our customer service or post your RMA number and I will ask them to take care of the shipping for you in this case.

In addition, all of our modules are tested on a MB at the rated speed so it is rare that you would get a bad or failing module that may suggest some other issue with what you have reported.

What is the parts number of the memory you have and what is the make and model of the MB and what were the settings you had set?

Also on what test in http://www.memtest.org did you get errors on?

Already shipped.

Not sure the tests it failed as I don't have it now but it was different tests always same area of the ram was failing.

Moving to any slot same thing.

Other stick in each set tested fine through several passes.

I test new ram separate from my old to rule out issues.

I'm 100% sure something funky with the ram, I'm more upset with the retailer for sending me another broken set (with dust on it) rather than a NEW set when I did my RMA.

As long as you send me back 100% working ram I'll be a happy Corsair customer on my next upgrade. :D:

Using this H60 cooler and loving it with my new CPU, just trying to get ram that works too! :)

In future I'll just RMA direct to Corsair and not fool with retailers.

Oh and the pair is TWIN2X4096 6400, google seems to indicate several people have problems getting one bad stick of ram in these kits.

• Corsair Employees

Well again I am sorry but keep in mind this is a popular part and still selling in a high volume so it happens but the return rate is less than 2%.

But please let me know if you have any problem with the replacement memory and I will be happy to help you personally.

• Corsair Employees
For items that are out of stock they will ship directly from Our Factory in Taiwan, but they ship everything in one bulk shipment and once the Pallet reaches the distribution center they will deliver the package to UPS to be delivered I suspect that is the hold up. I would give it 24 Hours and if the status has not changed I would suggest calling our customer service by phone and ask them to check this for you. I will send them a message and see if I can push things along.

For items that are out of stock they will ship directly from Our Factory in Taiwan, but they ship everything in one bulk shipment and once the Pallet reaches the distribution center they will deliver the package to UPS to be delivered I suspect that is the hold up. I would give it 24 Hours and if the status has not changed I would suggest calling our customer service by phone and ask them to check this for you. I will send them a message and see if I can push things along.

Good so I should get 100% working set. :)

Don't mind the wait if it works.

Just weird getting tracking and not shipping for a week.

Archived