Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 with CML8GX3M2A1600C9

nimroel

I purchased the low profile vengeance 2x4gb modules in the summer, and it has worked well until this month. For several days i had bsod after every cold boot but was stable 24/7 on the second reboot. After some troubleshooting i decided to update the motherboard bios from the default f5 wich was shipped with to the latest non-uefi f10. Thats when all the trouble started. It would not boot with the 2 modules installed no matter how i swapped them around, i'd get a bsod just after the loading windows screen.I could boot with 1 of them installed but after several bsod the hdd became corrupt. I did a clean install on another hdd under the f10 bios and the system was unstable even with 1 stick installed. I reverted back to the old f5 bios and did another clean install and now the system boots fine and its stable with 1 stick but fails when i install the second one. When i try the second stick alone without the first i get a bsod.

I've been suspecting ram fault but memtest run for 5 hours with both modules installed and showed no errors.

All settings in the bios are on stock or optimized defaults and the voltages all on auto. RAM runs by default at 1333 9-9-9-24.

Thanks, waiting for the the RMA confirmation atm.

I've had the motherboard checked by the shop i purchased it, they said it was fine and passed all tests.

Since i've rebuilt my system, it works fine with the first stick, but the second one fails to boot into winodws, allways crash with a bsod. Tho memtest showed no errors on 8-10 passes.

Could the stick be faulty even if it passes memtest?

Just an update, i bought another vengeance set this time the CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 and the systems is perfectly stable with both modules installed. It seems it was a faulty module after all even tho it passed memtest, strange.

The old ones are on their way to the RMA department in Netherlands :)

Archived