Corsair Community

Wrong chips on my CMX512-3200

jpwill7302

I purchased a CMX512-3200C2 v2.2 Upon closer inspection of the module I found it has Winbond W942508CH-6 chips. Winbonds web site clearly post the specs for this chip -6 as 166 mhz not 200 mhz as it was sold to me.

What gives?

Will you replace the module with -5 chips, or do you expect me to continue to run it overclocked?

:confused:

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the detail model of your memory module; also the make and model of your MB, along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

jpwill7302-

In order to see what chips are used on CMX modules you would have to remove the heat spreaders from the module which would void your warranty with Corsair. Corsair does not make IC's, they didn’t sell you an IC, they sold you a module that was rated @ 200 mhz 2-3-3-6. The module you have will work at that speed. Chances are they will not replace that module with another. When you consider that certain REV's of the 4000 modules don’t use -4 IC's they use -5 over clocked IC's. If the module that you have doesn’t perform to specs they will replace it (lifetime warranty) but if you have removed the heat spreader you will have voided your warranty.

Archived