Corsair Community

Help tweaking Dominator Platinum

JDookie

My system specs are below, and I have the system running stable at 4.6GHz, and with the ram running at their rated speed of 1866MHz, via XMP Profile. My question is, in CPU-Z the SPD tab states that the XMP profile has timings of 9-11-10-28-2T, but when I use the XMP profile in the BIOS, it sets them to 9-10-9-27-2T. And I am now ALSO seeing on the Corsair product page advertising a "SPD Latency" of 9-9-9-24.

With my 4.6GHz overclock, what timing set should work the best?

Also, is this ram capable of running at 1T?

I've seen that before when CPU-Z X.M.P. SPD reads one thing, & what gets set by the BIOS is sometimes different than what is programmed on the chips. Glitches (bugs) like that show themselves once in awhile. Anyway, it looks like your BIOS when enabling X.M.P. is setting them up perfectly as per the 'rated' specs.

At the Corsair Website, the 'SPD Latency' of 9 9 9 24 you see is the 'default' timings for DDR3 1333 speed.

With my 4.6GHz overclock, what timing set should work the best?

What does the CPU-Z Memory Tab show? If 9 10 9 27, CR 2, & DDR adds up to 1866, I would say everything is perfect. You can try to set CR of 1, but the DRAM V. may need a boost to say 1.55-1.575v's, not to exceed 1.65v's. What is the BIOS X.M.P. setting for DRAM V. & SA now?

As of right now, the XMP profile in BIOS is setting the memory to 1866MHz, and with 9-10-9-27-2T, as stated on the spec page of the website, all of which I have confirmed with CPU-Z. As far as voltage, the XMP profile increases Vtt from the stock 1.05V to 1.30V, sets DRAM to 1.50, and leaves the IMC at the stock 0.95V.

As it sits, it's running great, I was just going to attempt to tweak it a bit to see if there's any more performance left on the table. I tried changing the CR to 1T, and it's stable, but performance actually dropped a tiny bit. Not sure if it needed more voltage or not though for that lower CR.

I tried changing the CR to 1T, and it's stable, but performance actually dropped a tiny bit.

Sounds like they are running optimized as is.

Might be able to tighten the 27 to 24-26. Also, tRFC may be able to be tightened a bit. I've always had the best results with I/O set at 1.07 & SA at the 0.965-0.970 range. This was on MSI boards tho. For the minimal gain, if any, it may not be worth tampering with success from what is now set & working stable. :):

Archived