Corsair Community

H100i fan's for P/P

smoke1991

I allready ordered the h100I and as mentioned in other threads about pump noise or fan issues (still curious how a firmware issue can cause that), I want to set up P/P. Corsair support messaged me back mentioning that the sp120 fans that come with the kit are not available for sale and they do not know if or when they will be. So...

What are others doing in terms of P/P setup, I know its best to keep all 4 fans the same but I was considering using 2 SP120's and the 2 that comes with the kit.

The retail SP120's seem slightly weaker but I figured i could use them as the "pulling" fans and the SP120L's (fans that come with the H100I) as the "pushing" fans.

I would really like to stick with these corsair fans and avoid replacing all 4, and I currently do not want to use the 4 viper PWM fans I got on my current H100 unit (they are very nice fans btw, but not all that great for Radiator's IMHO).

Just curious what others think, especially RAM GUY and other WC veterans. I also will wait to install the unit until i see somthing official from RAM_GUY about noises.

Thanks! :sunglasse

I'm considering not using the two fans that come with the H100i, and using four SP120's instead, considering the SP120L fans that come with the H100i aren't available for sale. I may do this, or use four of my NoiseBlocker M12P fans, which have a reasonable static pressure rating and being PWM.

I'm considering not using the two fans that come with the H100i, and using four SP120's instead, considering the SP120L fans that come with the H100i aren't available for sale. I may do this, or use four of my NoiseBlocker M12P fans, which have a reasonable static pressure rating and being PWM.

If you ditch the stock ones, send me a PM, i might just buy them from you!

I was also thinking about using 4 sp120's as well. the stock fans have a rating of 4 for static pressure while the regular SP120's have 3.1. NB's are expensive as sin.

Regardless, this whole noise issue while fans being plugged in into the block is aggravating because I really do not want to open this up and find out that i have a bad unit. Its always something with these H100's.

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry about that but it will be addressed with a new firmware shortly...

I was just informed we have identified the issue and a new firmware should be released shortly that will correct this... In the event something else is made in the final determination we will inform you.

Archived