Corsair Community

Faulty Ram module sold as pair

I have just got back from ram testing each of my modules and found the offending stick which is completely dead

I want to file an RMA but it is a CML8GX3M2A16009W

This ram comes as a 4gb pair but the site only gives you an option of a single module.

obviously i only want a single module replaced on RMA but i dont want to end up with an 8gb stick as it will break dual channel

please advise on what i should do, i need to start this rma of quickly

Regards

Anton

typed from my repeating keys corsair k90

• Corsair Employees
Go ahead and complete the request using model number CML8GX3M2A1600C9W. Once you get to the last step it will show the correct amount of modules. You can also note in the issue description that you have 2 modules just to be safe, but based on the model number we'll know its a 2 module kit.

Another Question Ram GUY as you are very helpful.

It cost me nearly £10 to send this as trackable registered mail to Corsair NL

Can this payment get reimbursed considering the ram is faulty? obviously if it cannot then im a bit upset and will just have to deal with it but i would imagine its pretty fair considering im not a fault!

Thanks in advance

• Corsair Employees
Unfortunately there is not much I can do here from tech support regarding the shipping expense. I would recommend contacting our customer service department using the contact link on our main webpage to see if there is anything they can do. However, it is our policy that the customer bear the price of shipping the item to us then we will ship the replacement to you. So I don't know if our customer service dept. will be able to do anything, but they are the ones to ask.

Archived