Corsair Community

CMX512-3200LL compatible with CMX512-3200?

tcsdoc

Last year I purchased the Corsair CMX512-3200 XMS memory stick. I needed to upgrade my ram and purchased another memory stick with the same part catalog number. I received a CMX512-3200LL XMS memory stick. When I put both memory sticks in the computer (only two dimms on the motherboard) the system will not post (no video). When I put either memory stick in by itself the system will boot and XP operates with no problems.

Are these two memory sticks compatible with each other? I can't find the difference listed between the 3200 and the 3200LL.

Anyone help?

I posted a question two days ago with no responses. I'm new to this forum but other forums I frequent provide some feedback after a very short time. I'll move on to other forums for active support. I'm really disappointed in this forum.

You have to realize that Corsair goes by business hours and as such does not generally post on the weekends. You should get an official response later today.

Now as for your situation:

2-3-2-6 - CMX512-3200LL

3-3-3-8 - CMX512-3200

You can try running it manually at 3-3-3-8, but generally it is not recommended to mix different memory models.

• Corsair Employee

Thank you Wired!

And tcsdoc, our business hours are Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:30PM Pacific time excluding holidays! Sorry!

It would not be suggested to mix memory speeds or revisions! Most MB's will not post if you install 2 modules that are not exactly matched! Please see if the reseller can help you match the modules, or I would try and find another use for the module you have and just get a Twinx1024-3200XL set of modules depending on the make and model MB you have.

I have two memory sticks for XMS memory (CMX512-3200). One stick is 6 months old and is v1.1. The other stick is new and is v1.2. Both memory sticks together and my computer will not POST (no video). Individually, they work fine. Are the v1.1 and v1.2 memory sticks compatible?

Archived