Corsair Community

A8V + XL3200PRO overclocking?

rascal

I was about to try if I could overclock my mem some by lower the multiplier, increase the fsb/vcore. but when I came into the bios I realized that I could only change fsb, not the multiplier or vcore. I saw other owners that could change these settings, the settings I can change is:

V-Link voltage, agp voltage, ddr voltage, fsb

any idea why this is?

the BIOS of you mainboard does not support changing your A64 multiplier.

Only some MBs can do this.

Still crank your FSB (HTT) up to 210 & see what happens.

:brick: :bsflag: .....your motherboard will allow you to LOWER your multiplier, but unless you have an FX processor, you cannot RAISE your multiplier......make sure you have bios 1006.

There are 2 flavors of the ASUS A8V-Deluxe.......Version 1.02(without AGP/PCI locks) and Version 2.0...(With AGP/PCI locks)

If you have Version 1.02, you are gonna need bios 1005.021 to be able to enable AGP/PCI locks.....and this is a hit and miss.....depends on the Serial # of your board.

With the A8V you can hit fsb ~222 1:1 2-2-2-7-11@1T with the 3200XL memory......any higher and you'll have to loosen your timings.

• 2 weeks later...

How do I tell which board revision I have? (edit: I have version 1, even though I only bought it last week - D'oh!).

And where can I find the bios you mention? I have 1006 and the only other I can find is 1003.

Thanks

Keav

How do I tell which board revision I have? (edit: I have version 1, even though I only bought it last week - D'oh!).

And where can I find the bios you mention? I have 1006 and the only other I can find is 1003.

Thanks

Keav

I have a copy of this bios(1005.021) if you want me to email it to you.....PM me if you want it.

Archived