Corsair Community

GA-K8NNXP and Corsair

Warlordship

Hi. I recently bought a twinX pack of CMX512R-3200C2 memory, and it does not work well with my motherboard, a GA-K8NNXP with nForce 3 chipset. With one or both of the sticks in, it will either crash after detecting my CPU, or will not even POST. I have been, either through changing some settings or sheer luck, been able to boot all the way into windows by having ONE of the sticks in my DDR1 slot. If I put the other stick into another slot, it will do one of the above-mentioned crashes.

Now, I tried updating my bios and that didn't work, but I am now on the F13 driver, the most recent for my board according to their site.

Am I just stupid, and bought memory that doesn't work with my current board? It DOES work, somewhat, because I can boot into Windows on either card inserted into the first slot, but not any other way...

If I am forced to replace this memory with another product (that is, if newegg.com allows me to exchange it for a different item), I'd like to stick with Corsair, so could anyone reccomend a different model that WILL work?

I know about the hidden settings, but there are too many, I wouldn't know which ones to change. Would there be a site with instructins on what the advanced settings are? The manual says nothing, and the bios itself gives no information.

BTW, I tried changing the voltage. I changed the DDR voltage, that's what I do, right?

Ok, well that didn't work. I have noticed something here... Does my board support registered memory? I haven't found a place that specifically mentions my board CAN support registered, but no where has it said it can't.

This memory is registered, could that be why it doesn't work?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived