Corsair Community

TWINX1024-4400 help on MSI K8N Neo2

Gascogne

My TWINX1024-4400 have survived many motherboards now and their new home is a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum with a AMD 64 3500+ cpu.

I have trouble clocking them to their speed they are made for (550Mhz).

Most other mb's were Intel and I have no idea what HT Frequency is on my new mb.

Im running 220Mhz x 2 at 2,5 / 4 / 4 / 6 and HT Frequency at x4

What settings should I use to get them to 275 x 2?

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry, but I have not seen any AMD64 MB's running stable over 230 MHz!

In all cases you’re limited by the Hypertransport bus. The way those guys are getting those higher FSB’s is by reducing the multiplier on that bus as it tops out around 1150. The rub is that you don’t see any benefit for overclocking those systems beyond pure maximum MHz so people are trying to find the magic combination of multiplier and FSB to give maximum MHz while keeping the Hypertransport bus below 1150.

So far I have seen in forums is that HT x 4 is better than x 3, so Im using x 4.

(Still don't really know what it is for lol)

I have managed to get my system stable at 250Mhz x 2 with 2.5 / 4 / 4 / 6 with 2.75V :headbang2

275Mhz x 2 should be too hard to reach. :...:

• Corsair Employee
1t Command rate really has nothing to do with memory other than the system will be more aggressive, so any module should be compatible, but many of the systems in certain configurations will not be stable no matter what module you use! So yes all of our modules should support this, but the MB you use may not!

Archived