chesty

ASUS

PC-DL Deluxe

CPU: Xeon 3.06GHzx 2

Memory: Max. 4GB(DDR333)

LAN: 1Gb x 1

ManagementSoftware: ASWM

Anti-VirusSoftware: ServerProtect

I will be starting out with dual 2.4 Xeons.

It seems like I can put different types of memory pc2700, pc3200, etc.

What can I do to make this scream

I have an FX9550 graphics card, 3 idks 15 32 gig scsi, 2 10k 20gig scsi, several 7200 ata drives and will be running not only games on it, but running photoshop, finite/cfd modeling software such as nastran/patran, will be running catia, etc. Very intense calculations etc So, what ever I do, I need to have it as fast as technically feasible.

http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=PC-DL%20Deluxe&langs=09

link to full description

chesty

You need a focused laser cooling system to OC your chips to 9.27Ghz and tape the memory together for 8GB plus get a SLI 6800Ultra video combo (if you lack PCI-E then weld some on your board. And you should build a HD out of pure DDR-533RAM 80GB worth of 1GB sticks should work. That will be really fast. Now remember to keep a constant power flow to the Ram drive or else you will have to reinstall windows everytime.

LMAO!

I think what he's trying to say is that it's already plenty fast. If you're looking for memory recommendations, then I'd go with Corsair's server memory. If you'd like I can move this thread to that section for you.

ASUS

PC-DL Deluxe

CPU: Xeon 3.06GHzx 2

Memory: Max. 4GB(DDR333)

LAN: 1Gb x 1

ManagementSoftware: ASWM

Anti-VirusSoftware: ServerProtect

I will be starting out with dual 2.4 Xeons.

It seems like I can put different types of memory pc2700, pc3200, etc.

What type of memory should I use? FSB is 533.

I have an FX9550 graphics card, 3 idks 15 32 gig scsi, 2 10k 20gig scsi, several 7200 ata drives and will be running not only games on it, but running photoshop, finite/cfd modeling software such as nastran/patran, will be running catia, etc. Very intense calculations etc So, what ever I do, I need to have it as fast as technically feasible.

http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m...Deluxe&langs=09

link to full description

chesty

1. Can you overclock this board and processor system. I heard that you can't overclock dual processors.

2. Need the fastest/reliable memory I can use

I do a lot of finite element modeling, photography, and some gaming, all of these require a very fast and reliable system. The faster the better.

3. I was also looking at the new thermaltake water cooling system. The ones with the radiators. I was going to use one pump, two radiators and cpu blocks if the geometry and dimensions will allow? Is water cooling all that it is cracked up to be or is there a better and safer way?

thanks

• Corsair Employee
This module would run good in this system, but they are rated at Cass 3-3-3-8, where as what I suggest Twinx2048-3200C2 would be tested at Cass 2-3-3-6 at DDR400 so they would be faster memory, but either module will run great in this system!

so it is really something that I may or may not notice except in a benchmark test.

So that 1-6% is it really a noticeable improvement? The way I think is like in a race car, if you have 3000 hp a 6% gain is 180 hp or probably about 1-2 tenths or less in the 1/4 mile or maybe 10 or so mph in the top speed for a NASCAR.

I do understand though for a 5 dollar difference that is a hell of a performance increase though.

So, flashy lights or no flashy lights what a choice to make

Archived