Corsair Community

Better Performance for K8V Deluxe Mobo

Kyle57

Hi,

I am new to building pc's but am currently trying to build my own for the first time, hence the n00b question. I am going to use a Asus K8V Deluxe with a AMD 3200+ newcastle processor. I was wondering what would perform better with this motherboard, the twinx1024-3200xl or twinx1024-3200c2pro.

By the way my video card is a x800 if that matters.

Thanks.

Kyle S.

Hi,

Ram guy you recommended CMX1024-3200C2, it says it has a latency with an AMD board of 2.5-3-3-6. But the TWINX1024-3200XL has a latency of 2-2-2-5. Is the CMX faster or is the twinx. By the way I don't overclock so im aiming for a High performance at default settings but also stable.

Thanks for the help.

Kyle S.

I think he is telling you to use a single stick. This motherboard is Single channel so I don't think you see any benefit in using 2 sticks. And it will be easier to upgrade to 2 Gigs in the future if you want. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

The Benchmarks I saw for the NForce 2 Chipset only shows a 3-5% gain for Dual channel anyway.

Also I just installed my second Ram stick and I'm running:

2-2-2-5 with 2 x XMS512-3200XLPT > Only been running for about 10 minutes and I still need to run memtest, but everything looks fine.

• Corsair Employee

Yes you are correct Nightmare!

1.0 Gig modules would be best with this MB if you want to run 1.0 Gig of memory, but you can use Twinx1024-3200XL, just you will be limited to 1.0 Gig at DDR400 and this May have to run with more relaxed settings with more than one module!

Just to let you know Kyle

I Memtest ran for 2 hours/ 5 passes with 0 errors @ 2-2-2-5

No guarantee you will get the same results, and if I didn't already have one 512 Stick, I would just buy the 1 Gigger...

Hmm, Ram Guy does Corsair make the "Fast" Cas2 1 Gig sticks? I only see CAS 3 stuff at Zipzoomfly. How much slower would CAS3 be for gaming and high end stuff?

Oh ok, thanks nightmare and ram guy, I didn't know this board was setup this way. The only thing is, the retailer I buy from doesn't have CMX1024-3200C2 on hand, but he can order. Is CMX1024-3200PRO faster than the 3200C2, because he does have that module on hand. By the way, CMX1024-3200PRO has a cas latency of 3-3-3-8, is this faster than a 2x512MB setup in DDR at 2-2-2-5?

Oh and if I get either of these memory modules, would I be able to buy a double of the module and run it in 2GB, or will there be memory conflicts?

Thanks. Kyle

• Corsair Employee

XMS3200 Cass 3-3-3-8

XMS3200C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 about 1-6% faster than Cass 3

And yes you can use 2 modules with this MB, just use slots 1-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 1-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts!

Archived