Corsair Community

Twix Pc3200-c2pt 1024

I have this ram running on an abit IC7-Max3. Along with P4 3.2C. If I run at a 5:4 the sky is the limit, I have actually got to 3.8 stable (Fsb 237 X 16). That leave the ram at 189.60 fsb. yet if I try to do it at a 1:1 Ratio I can only get to about a 3.4 (215fsb X 16). And even that is iffy in stablility terms. Why is it that I can not get this ram to a higher fsb on a 1:1 ratio? Is there something that I am missing. I bought this ram because I read review that it is the best at overclocking. Ram timings are at 2-3-3-6. Any feed back on this?

:confused:

What you are seeing is about right for those memory modules. The only advice I would give is try giving it a little more voltage. Corsair warrants the memory to 2.8v. Corsair has 4 different lines of 3200 XMS memory modules. The XL modules being the best overclockers of the group. The LL modules and C2 modules for the most part (except early revs) will go to the same frequency just at different latencies with the LL rated at 2-3-2-6 vs. C2 2-3-3-6. In the end some modules will go farther than others, that is the nature of overclocking.

Archived