Corsair Community

XMS4000 -> not acceptable o/c

gechu

I´ve got:

2x256mb XMS4000

Asus k8n-e Deluxe (bios 1004)

Athlon64 3200+ (newcastle core)

I´m manually setting the timing 3-4-4-8 @ 2.7v. But the system is only stable @ 200 Mhz FSB. (btw 2.7 is max)

I´ve also tried using slot 1-2, and 1-3. No success.

What do I do?

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but AMD MB's have not proven to O.C. very well, at least not yet! And I have heard of some issues with the AGP PCI lock not working yet with this MB! In addition, XMS4000 was really made for Intel platform! Can you test the modules on another MB to help isolate the problem!

I´ve read alot about the earlier problems with pci/agp lock, but that was to Nvidia chipset 150, I have 250GB, which surly has a working lock.

And if my mem has a been tested for 500Mhz, and my FSB isn´t linked with anything, I just can´t figure it out why it wouldn´t work.

Any other Asus K8n-e Deluxe owners with better experiences?

• Corsair Employee
While it's true the Nforce3-250 chipset was released with this feature AGP/PCI lock, the first release of many of the MB's based on this chipset have not worked with this setting, was my point! I have not tested this MB as of yet but we will very soon! In addition, our XMS4000 modules we made for Intel platform as the AMD platform has not shown the ability to run at that high of an O.C. at least not yet!

Archived