Corsair Community

Corsair XMS

HavocX10

I have an Abit 865PE mb with 1 stick of Corsair DDR333, CMX 512-2700LL. I am having trouble finding an exact match for another 512 stick but I have found this choice:

512 MB DDR (333) PC-2700 Corsair XMS (CMX512-2700LLPT)

Code: 140867

Will this be compatible with my current ram? It appears the only difference is that this stick has the platinum heat spreader although there are probably some technical differences as well that am concerened may be incompatible.

Lastly, which slot should I install the new stick, slot 2, 3 or 4?

Thanks,

HavocX10

Well I received the new stick but it is not working. I am experiencing randomshut downs. I have tried the sticks in the 1 & 3, 2 & 4 and 1 & 2 slots but shut downs are still occuring. The system is recognising the new ram in both DX9 and on both 3D Mark bench tests and Aquamark and all three tests showed improved performance.

The new stick is a CMX512-2700LLPT, XMS2705v2.2. The original stick is a CMX512-2700LL, XMS2700v2.2. When I remove the new stick the shut downs cease.

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

HavocX10

• Corsair Employee
Are you mixing this module with an older stick? If so please give me the complete part# of the other stick as well! I would try and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-3-6 and see if that helps!

Archived