Corsair Community

Would this work together?

Ibymafayhas

• Corsair Employees
I am testing this MB as we type with Value Select and have not had any problems, but there are a few having problems with this MB and our Value Select modules, you may want to consider Twinx1024-3200C2 instead or give it a few days to complete our testing!

• Corsair Employees

Well Twinx1024-3200XL would be the fastest module we make, but this MB is not dual channel and may not be able to run with tight timings! However, I am confindent it will run at Cass 2-3-2-6 with 2 modules in slots 1-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and you should be good to go!

I would set these timings and then set the Dim Voltage to +2.7 Volts:

CAS Latency CL=2.0

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 11

Row Precharge Time tRP 2

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Enable 2T Timing Disabled

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org and make sure it's stable! If you have problems, I would set Enable 2T Timings to AUTO and test it again!

Thanks! Ram Guy, you work too hard man (I hope you're in California). You guys are great at Corsair man! I been saying how great you are on the eVGA forum (when people ask what memory to buy)! I just bought a 6800 Ultra. You guys RMA'd a working 512MB module because the Winbond didn't match the defective module's Winbond revision (I bought the modules a month or so apart). So thanks for the great cus***er service!

I am testing this MB as we type with Value Select and have not had any problems, but there are a few having problems with this MB and our Value Select modules, you may want to consider Twinx1024-3200C2 instead or give it a few days to complete our testing!

Ok, I will wait a couple of days, please infrom me when the testings have been completed. And you sure its the socket 939 MB you are testing, looks like it have been some confusion in this thread.

Even though they are not matched memory they should work in dual channel because they are identical, yes?

How many volts do these memory sticks need, see that the motherboard support 2.5V.

Is the memory DS or SS?

• Corsair Employees

Ibymafayhas,

I dont know that it will ever stop testing, at least we continually test many MB's, but so far I have not found any major problems with either the socket 754 or 939 version of this MB! So there should be no problem! I think the few that have had a problem, may have had a bad module, or some other problem!

Archived