Corsair Community

problems with 2 VS512MB400

mykpfsu

Running them on a MSI K7N2-L board in sots 1 and 2 (not the dual rate setup). They are an upgrade over a single 512 stick from Samsung (that was 433...oops). Everything worked fine with the previous ram. But ever since I tried using these two sticks programs do not want to work right. Games and Apps lock up, crash to desktop, or force a reboot with Stop 8e errors. I haven't been able to flash the bios due to MSI download site being down (and online flashing scares me due to previous problems with other boards). The CPU is a Athlon XP 2800+ and the current speed settings for the RAM are 2.5-3-3-8 with a voltage at 2.6 (it didn't seem to like 2.7 though I coudl try it again). One thing I noticed that I thought was weird (but may be me being a little slow) is that the RAM check at bootup goes through it 3 times not once which I'm used to. Any thoughts?

• Corsair Employees

Please try with just our module's installed and reset the bios with the Clear CMOS jumper and then enter the bios setup and set the following settings:

CPU Freq: 166 Mhz

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T

And test the system with http://www.memtest.org, if you get errors, please test the modules one at a time and lets make sure one is not failing!

Archived