Corsair Community

Different cooler blocks for 200ex?

tonyjas

Just installed 2 Hydrocool 200ex in 2 PCs and noticed after I had installed the first that the second cooler block was different. The first had a coating on it that I thought was a heat sink material as it was well and truely stuck on and obviously not ment to come off, at least not easily. The second cooler block was without this coating and just a copper alloy. My question is, is the first bolck OK, or was I meant to remove the coating? It has been running in the PC for 2 days now with no visible effects (like the smell of melting plastic etc) but I am concerned that I may damage the PC and the cooler if left in. :!:

Just installed 2 Hydrocool 200ex in 2 PCs and noticed after I had installed the first that the second cooler block was different. The first had a coating on it that I thought was a heat sink material as it was well and truely stuck on and obviously not ment to come off, at least not easily. The second cooler block was without this coating and just a copper alloy. My question is, is the first bolck OK, or was I meant to remove the coating? It has been running in the PC for 2 days now with no visible effects (like the smell of melting plastic etc) but I am concerned that I may damage the PC and the cooler if left in. :!:

yes remove it, the film is a shipping protector, you will loose cofichancy, it will act as an insolater hurting proformace

Archived