Corsair Community

Prob with memory...

freak200169

well i just ordered TWINX1024-3200XLPRO and they work great but i took my 512mb kingston out of the board i replaced the corsair with and put it in an abit nf7 with a 2800+ and a TI4200. for some reason when i go to start it up i get a blue screen just before the windows xp 'loading' screen. ive run this same kingston in the nf7 before so i dont know whats up...anyone have any ideas??

• Corsair Employee

Please with just our XMS module installed and reset the bios with the Clear CMOS jumper and then enter the bios setup and load setup/optimized defaults and set the following settings:

CPU Freq: 166 Mhz

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

Then test then one up with http://www.memtest.org and lets make sure one is not failing!

its kool. though i dont think it actually has anything to do with the memory cuz i tried the corsair in there and got the same problem. the error is something to do with the harddrive but i trie a different one and got the same thing so i dont know. going to see if there isnt a bios up date or something.

• Corsair Employee
If the other memory you have is also DDR400, you need to make sure you are setting the memory Frequency at 100%! If you let the bios set the memory by SPD it may try to run it at DDR400 and if so, it may cause a bottleneck in the chipset and may generate this type of problem!

Archived