Corsair Community

TWINX 1024 CMX 3200 XL on ABIT KV8-pro

Tom1977

• Corsair Employee
XMS3200XL modules are based on Samsung TCCD IC's and they will run at 1T command rate! However, this MB is not dual channel and may not be able to run with more than one module at 1T Command rate! I would suggest you install them in slots 1-3 and set the timings to Cass 2-3-2-6 with 1T CMD rate enabled and then test with http://www.memtest.org to make sure it's stable!

I received my TWINX Corsair XL Ver.1.1 today. The crc errors are gone but now it only runs save at 2.2.3.5 and 200 Mhz. I have also tested every modul in an single config but also it doesn´t run with 2.2.2.5.

Trying 2.2.2.5 causing memtest and prime errors with both sticks and with only one of them (both sticks are tested in single mode). If command rate 1T or 2T is set makes no longer an difference both settings are not error :[pouts: free.

Setting 2.2.3.5 is not save as I first thougt. Running prime fails after 4 hours. So when I relax the timings more I think memtest will pass but what does that mean to me is the memory o.k. when it doesn´t fail by relaxing the timing or is it possible that it is broken? It is strange that it happens with only one modul or even two moduls... :confused:

I have no chance to test it in another system by 200 Mhz Fsb.

I have an CG stepping Newcastle 3200 CPU. The psu is an Antec True 550 with 30 ampere on the 12 v rail, 40 ampere on the 5 v rail, 32 ampere on the 3,3 v rail. The bios is the newest version 1.6. The settings are command rate 1T (2T also fails), 2.2.2.5 and the rest is default.

Here are some informations regarding my CPU:

ADA 3200 AEP4AX

CBAUC 0420WPMW

9779924E40335.

Hope this will help you. :confused:

• Corsair Employee

Tom,

Since you have had the modules replaced and are still having trouble, I would maybe try and RMA the CPU or MB! Or maybe a friend can help you test the modules in another system as that might help isolate the problem!

Please RamGuy help once again. I found out that if I lower the volts for the NorthBrigde from default (1,55v) to 1,50 volts (nothing else is changed in bios. I can run the memory with 2.2.2.5 and Command Rate 1T at 200 Mhz FSB without any errors and two sticks installed. Memtest+ and Prime95 doesn´t fail anymore. This worked never before but with lowering the volts for the NB it works.

So what does this mean, is the Northbrigde on my mobo broken?

Thanks for all your help.

My dealer informed me today that he has tested my Mobo and CPU.

Everything is alright with it. After this information I have tested the memory in my second computer. It is an KT-400 MSI and an Athlon 2400 XP. I set the fsb to 133 (its an old cpu) and the ram to 400. Running memtest fails again at test 5, again errors.

So now I will test another brand of memory. If the other brand works I will inform you.

Two systems with the same errors with the XL ram. Seems to be a problem of the memory :mad:

• Corsair Employee

Well this KT400 chipset is not dual channel not to mention it only officially supports DDR333 and that running the memory and CPU out of sync will cause a bottleneck in the chipset and may generate errors! However, I have no problem getting your modules replaced!

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived