Corsair Community

790i SLi @Q9550 with CMX8GX3M2A2000C9 in dual channel | Optimal settings please

Melvin.Roy

Dear Corsair forums,

Just today my new set of CMX8GX3M2A2000C9 was delivered in the mail. I have installed them and set the voltages in the BIOS to 1,65V @ 2000 Mhz as suggested on the product wrapping.

Of course what I need to find out is the best setting for all components included in the machine. So I am looking for some help/support for the following subjects:

- Clocking speeds on ram, fsb and CPU

- Voltages on ram, fsb, CPU, SPP and MCP (South/North bridge)

If anyone has more suggestions to fine tune my machine they are most welcome to mention them. The plan is to upgrade the GPU's in a few months, so no need to work on them now.

Many thanks,

Melvin.Roy

Thanks Peanutz and Ramguy,

Actually I had it running on 1800 Mhz (DDR) and 1350 Mhz (FSB) with my EPP 2.0 SLi Ready memory from another brand. It was only 4 GB so therefore I switched to this setup after checking out http://www.tweakers.net, the Dutch website for well, tweaking ;)

I am running on 1965 Mhz (DDR max mobo bus) now and 1350 Mhz (FSB). No trouble so far.

So just a critical question about these forums if what you say is true... RAM is more or less one of the cornerstones in system configuration. If they do not actively pursue finding ultimate settings for many different systems including mobo settings like I asked for, which are closely connected to overall performance including RAM. What is the use of this forum?

• Corsair Employees
So just a critical question about these forums if what you say is true... RAM is more or less one of the cornerstones in system configuration. If they do not actively pursue finding ultimate settings for many different systems including mobo settings like I asked for, which are closely connected to overall performance including RAM. What is the use of this forum?

Melvin

I think you are looking at this in a different way then what we are. Yes we do make memory that is over clocked but we cannot provide specific settings for ever MB there are just too many of them. But what we can and do provide are the tested setting and voltage that are on the modules label. In addition to that because of liability issues we cannot tell you to or how to over volt your system. However we can and do tell what our memory is capable of and then it up to you to figure out the best settings for your configuration. Now that all being said I can answer a direct question but I cannot tell you how to do a specific over clock or what voltage to use on your CPU and chipset other than what is specified by the manufacturer.

And why for over clocking a specific configuration as I state it is best to go to an over clocking forum and ask these questions. I am sorry but I hope you under where I am coming from.

Hey Ram Guy,

Thanks for the info. I have read the forum rules by the way but this is the point where I will advise Corsair on their business approach. My previous memory was from OctoberCharlieZulu. When I first bought it around two years ago I had major problems getting my system stable. A forum mod and also employee of OctoberCharlieZulu whom worked the cases on the forums supported me all through the BSOD's and everything else until it worked. Which included an RMA situation he suggested to undertake, so my RAM was replaced, free of charge.

Even now they support many different setups and will try to support you on the whole scale of the system which specifically includes mobo's, cpu's and every possible setting included. Because actually that is what is necessary to deliver a good RAM product I think and I am happy they agree.

I am not asking for overclocking because I do not overclock. I want to know how to balance out my system with the new RAM I bought from Corsair. Yesterday I found out that my max ram speed is 1964 Mhz, so I use that, fine. But what is my best FSB choice? Should I increase voltages or not on different mobo parts or the memory?

That is and was my question. Now let me be clear, I am not angry at all, just amazed, didn't expect this because the wrapping of my product says literally: "Get unlimited product support with our tech experts by visiting...this forum" So if this is not included in the "unlimited support" it's back to OctoberCharlieZulu for me because they are the better half of the competition then, aren't they?

p.s. I didn't expect my post to be actually censored by the system which is quite infantile if you ask me. And no, I will not put in effort to discuss the forum rules for I have better things to do with my time of course than teaching Corsair how to promote their product and keep the customers enthusiastic.

Wow, overwhelming silence is the answer. Sorry guys, last Corsair product I ever bought. That is for sure. I hope someone comes across this and sees the underlying issue here, get your customer service in high gear Corsair. The demands of the market are shifting and if you can't keep up with the competition they will outflank you every time.

(EDIT) I searched the FAQ and the forum, no information on how to delete my account. Please delete my account and all my credentials from the forum or inform me how to do this user side.

Best of luck,

Melvin

• Corsair Employees

Melvin

I am sorry but you posted on Friday and we are not open on weekends so sometimes on Mondays we do get backed up. In addition, the MB you are using is quite old and I have no information on that MB that I can help you with.

And again, I cannot tell you how to over clock your system I am sorry but that is what you are asking me to do, but I can tell you the CPU you have in your list supports 1333FSB and that would be all I can tell you which is not what you want to know...

The best option would be to do a Google search for the MB and CPU you have and how to over clock, I am sure you will find several posts on that MB and CPU combination as it was moderately popular in its day.

However like I stated I can answer a direct question about memory settings but I cannot tell you how high you can over clock your CPU sorry but that is just not possible.

If you really want your account blocked that can be arranged. Please confirm that is what you want.

Archived