Corsair Community

TX750 Buzz or Coild Wine!

Spamlobster

Yeah. This is mine. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3995801/noise2.m4a

I had to RMA my tx650V1 due to failing fan. I got the first replacement unit back and it made all the noises above. So I returned it thinking it was faulty. I got my 2nd unit few hours ago and that's the recording from it, exactly same deal. I can't believe I got 2 DOA(fan and/or controller) units in row so it comes down the manufacturing/design.

I think it all boils down to the fan controller being designed to whole another fan, and it outputs too low voltage for the 140mm fan to properly spin up, which leads to the funky audio we get to enjoy. Maybe the fan / fan supplier has changed at some point?

Nevertheless, CS told me earlier they will replace malfunctioning units only with the same exact model (Like they replaced my v1 with a v2 :rolleyes:), so I guess my options now are a) Sledgehammer or b) Bypass the fancontroller & kill the rest of guarantee. Perfect.

I investigated further. I had left ADM virtualization on after last bios reset (had to replace mobo's battery), and setting it off changed the nature of the sounda bit. Nevertheless, the problem exists, just a little different. I wish I could take the PSU apart without voiding warranty, so I could dig deeper.

Ramguy, do you have comment on this issue perhaps?

My RMA #1278187. This is just one of those cases when you feel everything is going perfectly fine, nice CS, quick advance return, and then...... *sigh*, just *sigh*

---------

@Edon, Yeah, You're propably better off returning it to store and getting new unit there, even if you could RMA it yourself.

We are looking into this now so if you can live with it for a while we can work on a solution

And I came here to ask were you going to contact me at any point. Oh well, I hope you come up with a solution QUICK, that noise is annoying as f..... donkey.

Just like I guessed, the HX was of the older version, so there won't be any comments on the new fan/fan-controller isue.

First thoughts unpacking: "Woot, modular cables! I'm gonna get so clean case with this setup!" Then while installing HDD power cables, I realize the cables are designed for top-mounted PSUs. The PSU REALLY is of an older design. Whoopydoo, resulting mess is far worse than with any of the non-modular bottom-mounted designs. At least the PSU doesn't sound like a beehive anymore.

Anyways, I've spent a minimum of 10 hours uninstalling, installing, calling around, packing, emailing, and just generally arranging things. What was Corsair's hourly wage for offsite freelancer QA work again?

Glad to hear that you've got everything sorted out.

That wouldn't exactly be my sentiment. I don't want to piss anyone off so I'm just gonna say my experience on this matter was simply abysmal, something none of your customers should need go through. Ever.

It's blindingly obvious none of these faulty units have passed any sort of proper QA procedure conducted by human beings. QA lapse of this scale simply can't happen in a business of this volume. Someone somewhere made really stupid decisions and Corsair or your ODM/EMS is going to pay a big price for it.

I read through the whole thread and I feel like it's definitely not just a rare case on this model. So, I don't think I'm going to just RMA. I hope a Corsair can investigate this issue and give customers who have this model a proper solution soon rather than just sending replacements with the same issue.

Good call. I hope you can tolerate the noise meanwhile. If you can't, I can give you other PSU recommendations, but that will be a private conversation, I'll give that much common courtesy to Corsair.

Spamlobster

I am sorry that you feel this way and please post your RMA# and I will be happy to call you personally this is not the type of customer experience that we want to see.

Previously posted, but advance rma, so I'll e-mail you some details. And I have absolutely no doubt you don't want to see your customers go through stuff like this, your CS was always happy to help me out. I guess this was just a really bad case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, topped with a few humane mistakes.

• 2 weeks later...
We sent you a TX650 for the Advanced RMA#1278187? I have moved all of your posts to their own thread so we can better track what is going on.

Uh oh. That question looks like it's directed at Shaggy2010, but that is my case number. :confused:

My case in a nutshell:

1) I (advance) RMA'ed my old fan-failing TX650

2) Replacement was TX650V2 with a fubared fancontroller -> RMA

3) Repeat step 2 :brick:

4) Finally the working replacement was an old form HX650

Top that with couple of humane errors from CS

1) CS not processing the RMA (step 2 above I think) despite them saying so, which resulted in me calling around courier services asking if I was supposed to receive a package and/or if there was supposed to be a pickup for my package and eventually contacting Corsair's CS back to actually make things happen. Lenghtened the whole process by another week at least.

2) CS either not sending me tracking numbers, or sending tracking numbers for replacement PSU's which at that moment were within my eyesight. Very helpful.

In the end, unsurprisingly, I wasn't very pleased with the whole process.

My case in a nutshell:

1) I (advance) RMA'ed my old fan-failing TX650

2) Replacement was TX650V2 with a fubared fancontroller -> RMA

3) Repeat step 2 :brick:

4) Finally the working replacement was an old form HX650

Top that with couple of humane errors from CS

1) CS not processing the RMA (step 2 above I think) despite them saying so, which resulted in me calling around courier services asking if I was supposed to receive a package and/or if there was supposed to be a pickup for my package and eventually contacting Corsair's CS back to actually make things happen. Lenghtened the whole process by another week at least.

2) CS either not sending me tracking numbers, or sending tracking numbers for replacement PSU's which at that moment were within my eyesight. Very helpful.

In the end, unsurprisingly, I wasn't very pleased with the whole process.

Really interesting thread and almost scary how similar your case is to mine:

1) I (advance) RMA'ed my old PSU

2) Replacement was TX650 (Model 75-001315, same as V2 apparently) -> Terrible annoying noise, requested another replacement

3) Replacement arrives, same model, same problem

4) I have two TX650 with that damn noise sitting on their boxes and still using my initial PSU with noisy fan which is more tolerable than that annoying whine

and also I got an email yesterday saying:

"The second replacement will be sent out within the next 1-2 business days. Once it has been sent out we will send you the tracking #"

I received the new replacement this morning. So I received a PSU less than 12 hours after an email that said they were going to send it, and of course no tracking number (they will send me tracking # today for all I know).

• Corsair Employees
I received the new replacement this morning. So I received a PSU less than 12 hours after an email that said they were going to send it, and of course no tracking number (they will send me tracking # today for all I know)

The tracking notification system is automated and sometimes more often than not you will receive the item before you get the notification. I am sorry but this is a BUG in the system that we are trying to resolve; it does not happen with every case but it does happen so I do apologize; but at least you get the replacement quickly.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

The tracking notification system is automated and sometimes more often than not you will receive the item before you get the notification. I am sorry but this is a BUG in the system that we are trying to resolve; it does not happen with ever case but it does happen so I do apologize; but at least you get the replacement quickly.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for the clarification Ram Guy, I was indeed pretty happy I received the replacement so fast after waiting for several days for a response to the emails I sent to Customer Support.

• 3 weeks later...
Spamlobster

I am sorry that you feel this way and please post your RMA# and I will be happy to call you personally this is not the type of customer experience that we want to see.

I guess you never got the email I sent you through your profile, since I never heard back from you. If you still feel like contacting me, you can reach me at Gmail with this username.

• Corsair Employees

Spamlobster

I would suggest calling in and asking for me the number is listed under contact on the main site and if you are out side the USA you can call the toll free number using Skype and then select Tech support and request to speak with me.

Or please post your case number so I know what I am talking about and I can contact you from that...

And in the future please start your own thread and for the purpose of helping you with the issue you see please keep to your own thread.

It has been a few days/weeks and I am sorry I dont remember the extent of your case so I would need to spend some time trying to research the posts and your cases

Spamlobster

I would suggest calling in and asking for me the number is listed under contact on the main site and if you are out side the USA you can call the toll free number using Skype and then select Tech support and request to speak with me.

Or please post your case number so I know what I am talking about and I can contact you from that...

And in the future please start your own thread and for the purpose of helping you with the issue you see please keep to your own thread.

It has been a few days/weeks and I am sorry I dont remember the extent of your case so I would need to spend some time trying to research the posts and your cases

Heh, ok.

If this is the attention span you are able to give each thread, I don't think this is going anywhere. Even if I reached you by phone, what would that accomplish, if you don't know what we were supposed to discuss? You were the one who wanted to talk to me, I certainly have no idea why.

Yeah, it's been a few weeks, because I like to give people time to handle things.

PS. This is "my thread" and my RMA has been posted twenty times.

PPS. If one can't reach you from the email option on your profile, you should disable that option, just like you've done with PMs.

• Corsair Employees

Well sorry that you feel that way I have asked our customer service to contact the person on Advanced RMA#1278187 and arrange another RMA.

That is about all I can do here sorry but you would need to speak with our customer service and they can maybe help you better than I can in this case.

The number to contact them in listed under contact on the main site.

• Corsair Employees

Spamlobster,

I am sorry I do see that it seems to be resolved and I am sorry that things have been miss-understood on my side. Which was one of the reasons we split the threads off to begin with. Please let me know if you have any more questions and I will do my best to take care of any questions you may have.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived