Corsair Community

Link - Fan & Lighting Problems - Connect fans to H100 or to Fan Controller

mkelbie

I have been having a nightmare with my link kit since purchase, initially my issue was with my AX1200i not being recognised but with the help posts on here I managed to get past that problem and since then I decided to connect my fans to my H100 (4 SP120 Push/Pull) so had the connections on my fan node for my case/system fans AF140.

Issues I am having is 1, my AF140s make a funny noise when I change them to quiet mode, think I saw a post on here about it being common and just want to be sure there will be a fix as dont really want to remove them. But more bizzare is they dont even change speed anyway.

Secondly, my 4 x SP120s are constanly noisy, when I change any settings on the dashboard it has no effect since connecting them direct to my H100. I did have some control when they was connected direct to the node but it wasn't working right so I chose to try them connect to the Pump. Is this again another issue that there is a fix for as only issues I have seen on other posts is other fans having problems with the software. With the fans, extra for the digital on my AX1200 & link kit I have spent quite a bit and it just seems a waste of money as nothing seems to work correct.

Finally I have set the lighting kit to be a RED led but it keeps switching to blue? What i intended and expected from this kit was the software to control my lighting and keep a red LED for my theme and the fans to run quiet for desktop use and as CPU/System temps increase then the fans increase rpm to keep the system cool/stable and the extra noise wont be an issue as chances are I will be gaming.

Is my objective possible with the kit I have purchased or have I made the wrong choice?

Thanks

I have been having a nightmare with my link kit since purchase, initially my issue was with my AX1200i not being recognised but with the help posts on here I managed to get past that problem and since then I decided to connect my fans to my H100 (4 SP120 Push/Pull) so had the connections on my fan node for my case/system fans AF140.

Issues I am having is 1, my AF140s make a funny noise when I change them to quiet mode, think I saw a post on here about it being common and just want to be sure there will be a fix as dont really want to remove them. But more bizzare is they dont even change speed anyway.

Secondly, my 4 x SP120s are constanly noisy, when I change any settings on the dashboard it has no effect since connecting them direct to my H100. I did have some control when they was connected direct to the node but it wasn't working right so I chose to try them connect to the Pump. Is this again another issue that there is a fix for as only issues I have seen on other posts is other fans having problems with the software. With the fans, extra for the digital on my AX1200 & link kit I have spent quite a bit and it just seems a waste of money as nothing seems to work correct.

Finally I have set the lighting kit to be a RED led but it keeps switching to blue? What i intended and expected from this kit was the software to control my lighting and keep a red LED for my theme and the fans to run quiet for desktop use and as CPU/System temps increase then the fans increase rpm to keep the system cool/stable and the extra noise wont be an issue as chances are I will be gaming.

Is my objective possible with the kit I have purchased or have I made the wrong choice?

Thanks

those fans do make a clicking noise on lower rpm,corsair is looking into that

also the fans cant be connected to the cooling block but need to connect to the link to be controlled

those fans do make a clicking noise on lower rpm,corsair is looking into that

also the fans cant be connected to the cooling block but need to connect to the link to be controlled

Thanks for your reply, I will re-wire them back to the cooling node tomorrow. Can i have them controlled then by CPU temp increase to have them quiet when not under load?

Also before I got the link commander I had the 3 button selectiong on the H100 pump which I think controlled the speed of the pump & fans but now its connected to my link unit it doesnt light up the same? What features do I get by connecting it to my link as it doesnt seem to allow me to do anything?

So if I am connecting my fans to the cooling node and using that to control my SP120 fans then what benefit do I get from connecting the PUMP to the commander unit?

I was under the impression I could connect my 4 fans to the pump and control them?

Thanks

So if I am connecting my fans to the cooling node and using that to control my SP120 fans then what benefit do I get from connecting the PUMP to the commander unit?

I was under the impression I could connect my 4 fans to the pump and control them?

Thanks

theres no control provided for the pump,its a set speed.

it runs at 2k or so rpm

the fan speed cools the radiator under varying rpm control

the digital cable from the link to the cooling block just monitors the pump rpm..temp ect..

theres no control provided for the pump,its a set speed.

it runs at 2k or so rpm

the fan speed cools the radiator under varying rpm control

the digital cable from the link to the cooling block just monitors the pump rpm..temp ect..

So best setup for me is all fans connected to the cooling node and I can control/monitor the speeds and have the pump connected to my link commander just for temps & pump speed but I cant adjust it.

Sorry for all the questions but just want to be sure I am getting the best use out of my investment.

Thanks for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 SP120-HP fans connected to my H100, and IF i use the Resistors that were included with the H100 fans, then i can control the fan speed between 900-1600rpm through the Link software.

Without the resistors, the control is VERY limited.

Make sure you're not overvolting the Cooling Node as I believe some have and in return the node doesn't function as it is intended. I think the H100, pls correct me if I'am wrong, gets its power from its small connector. So having the H100 + fans + temps etc could be overvolting the node but not sure so you'll have to see the specs on the parts connecting to it so you're not pushing too much on one channel or the node as a whole. Always remember its 2 amps per channel or 4 amps as a whole on the node.

Archived