Corsair Community

GS700 led issues

gotya007

Hi, I just installed my new psu gs700 and it's great. The fan never comes on so noise is nonexistent. Also have the fan facing inside my case and looks great. My issue is with the red,white and blue led lights. My whole case is filled with blue led fans and cold cathodes. The problem is the psu is cycling through all the colors and even the off mode. I haven't timed it but I'm guessing it's changing every hour or so. From what I've read, to change each color setting you must press the back light button. That indeed does change the color but after a while it starts the color changing cycle. This isn't a major issue and some might be jealous that it's changing colors on its own. My color scheme is blue and I would like to keep it that way. Please link the instructions on how to stop this cycle if possible. Sorry for the long rant, just a little :confused: Thanks, Gotya

(PS) :shootme: If there is any CSS or CS:GO gamers reading this I own 3 | 24 slot go servers and 2 | 24 slot css servers. all GG/DM

Hit me up on steam [FYM]Gotya

• 2 months later...

My psu is now making a dreadful buzzing fan noise. I noticed there are tons of post about this issue. Now the gs series have been discontinued. What should I do or what would be the replacement? I purchased it from best buy back in september, paid $120 for this unit:/

Here is a video of the horrible noise.

• Corsair Employees
The GS series has not been discontinued, please use the link on the left request an RMA and let me know the case number I will see it gets replaced for you. And we will take care of the shipping since you just got the unit in the last thirty days.

I've read the replacements are having the same noise issues, is this true? Depending on the rma timeline process can I give my credit card number to ensure I ship the bad psu on the new replacement arrival. I wanted the gs800 but they were sold out when I purchased it. Could I pay the differance to get the gs800? Thanks for the fast reply Ram.

I've read the replacements are having the same noise issues, is this true?

No, there has been a handful of cases where that has happened , but VERY unlikely if you RMA directly with Corsair or purchase it directly through them. There was an issue that was identified and corrected, o you should be just fine.

RMA process usually takes 7-10 business days total turn around time unless you are outside the USA, then you can safely add a few more days to that.

can I give my credit card number to ensure I ship the bad psu on the new replacement arrival. I wanted the gs800 but they were sold out when I purchased it. Could I pay the differance to get the gs800? Thanks for the fast reply Ram.

This is something you would need to contact and discuss with CS by phone.

You can find the number under contacts on the main website page under contact at the bottom.

If you are out of the USA you can install and use SKYPE to make the call to the toll free number for nothing. But it will take a phone call. If you are unsure of hours when outside the USA they have recently added a banner at the top of the forums that shows when they are open.

Good Luck!

Just talked to cs. The gs models are basically discontinued like I said before until they fix the issues. They are sending me a HX Series HX750 Power Supply — 750 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Modular PSU for the replacement. I really like the gs features with the leds but it will be nice not hearing the horrible fan noise. Here is video of my psu making the noise, sry for the small view but didn't want to record another vid.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Hi, I just installed my new psu gs700 and it's great. The fan never comes on so noise is nonexistent. Also have the fan facing inside my case and looks great. My issue is with the red,white and blue led lights. My whole case is filled with blue led fans and cold cathodes. The problem is the psu is cycling through all the colors and even the off mode. I haven't timed it but I'm guessing it's changing every hour or so. From what I've read, to change each color setting you must press the back light button. That indeed does change the color but after a while it starts the color changing cycle. This isn't a major led lighting issue and some might be jealous that it's changing colors on its own. My color scheme is blue and I would like to keep it that way. Please link the instructions on how to stop this cycle if possible. Sorry for the long rant, just a little :confused: Thanks, Gotya

(PS) :shootme: If there is any CSS or CS:GO gamers reading this I own 3 | 24 slot go servers and 2 | 24 slot css servers. all GG/DM

Hit me up on steam [FYM]Gotya

Hey that seems to be good color function. Have you got the right solution?

Archived