Corsair Community

GS700 noisy

ConflictGK

Hello everyone,

Recently I built a new PC desktop and I used Corsair GS700 as my new PSU.Despite the fact that it looks amazing with all 3 colors of LED it is quite noisy.Also it never goes "idle" mode.It always runs the same and noisy.Btw, I haven't put my system under pressure yet,just some browsing.Is this normal or this could mean a faulty PSU?

My system's specs are those shown above.

You have a fairly high loaded system so even at idle it may be a fairly high load.

And to be sure is it the fan in the PSU or some other noise?

Have you tested the PSU not connected to the system to be sure it is the fan?

It must be the fan from PSU cause I tried turning on the system with all fans turned off (except graphics card fans) even the processor's.

So if this is the noise when the system is at idle does it mean it will get louder under pressure?This would be very frustrating.Is there a any way to put some pressure on the system to check that myself?

I would play some games but I can't install any yet due to slow connection.

• Corsair Employees

My point is that I am not clear on your definition of NOISE, I mean what you think is too loud might be normal for that PSU and may be that way because of the load on the system. We have not identified the NOISE yet in my book. That is what I am trying to determine.

Can you make a Youtube Video of your system running?

I didn want to make a new thread but i have a problem with my gs700 too, well at slight load maybe 5% it makes strange buzzing noise and when I go to play some game it will go away,

if fan spins the sound goes away when the fan stops spinning the sound will come back but if my rig is 0% of load and the fan isnt spinning it dosent make sound too

so my qestion is is there a program where i can adjust my fan speed to a little higher level or is there any other way

Archived