Corsair Community

Bear with me I'm a little confused.

pOsIoNiVyBrIdGe

Okay so I'm a first time PC builder so I'm not all that computer tech savy just yet. I recently build a system that features the i5 3570k and corshair h80 cooler. I downloaded a tool called CORE TEMP to check how well the H80 is performing and it gave me a reading 36 29 37 29 on the lowest setting on the fan controller. Now I have two questions is this reading okay and I also need to know if I always need to manually adjust the fan rpm when playing games I have the headers plugged into the unit as the instructions say and another thing to note is that I am using the H80 to exhaust heat from my case instead of the recommended way which is to pull air in.

the system is also running at stock clock speeds

Those temps are really good, however your mother board should have come with it's own monitoring suite. I would make sure you have that installed and see what it says.

Male sure you uninstall core temp too, using multiple monitoring softwares can give you inaccurate readings.

One other thing to note is that Core temp in general is not the best out there any way. I would use and trust either your MB software or CPUz's HWmonitor over CoreTemp. But thats just my .02$

Archived