Corsair Community

Just installed new H100. Error Msg+Won't start.

curioustom

Hi,

I just received my H100. I mounted it carefully to the roof of my Bitfenix Prodigy case, and hooked up everything as per the simple instructions. I use a Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe board, and the error I get is CPU FAN ERROR at boot up. The fans are not rotating and I'm desperately trying to find info on the net that will hopefully not lead to an RMA.

The larger black socket that is connected to one of the power sockets from the PSU seems really dodgy.

Any help appreciated!

Did you make sure to plug the single small plug into your MB's CPU_FAN header?

If this is not connected to that header you will get that error and some boards will not post with that error.

Also check the larger molex connector to see if one of the pins did not push out preventing it from getting power. If so, slightly bend out the two barbs on the pin itself so it stays in the connector when re-inserted.

• Corsair Employees

Please check the 4-Pin Molex connector that connects to the PSU and I would use another fan to connect to the CPU_Fan on the MB so you can post the system and go to BIOS and check if the Pump is working connect it to the PSW fan header on the MB.

Or please call our Tech support by phone and we will be happy to help you over the Phone. The number is listed unbder contact on the main site.

Please check the 4-Pin Molex connector that connects to the PSU and I would use another fan to connect to the CPU_Fan on the MB so you can post the system and go to BIOS and check if the Pump is working connect it to the PSW fan header on the MB.

Or please call our Tech support by phone and we will be happy to help you over the Phone. The number is listed unbder contact on the main site.

Thanks RAM GUY I will give the above a go in a few hours when I'm at the computer. I will also try other suggestions across the internet such as reseting the CMOS and so on. I desperately want it to start up, because to be frank taking it out and removing the mounting rack again is not something I'm looking forward too.

Will include a few links to photos too.

I had an issue with mine that I was running the power connector off a dedicated 3 pin connector from my poer supply. I thought it would work as it said it provided 12 v. It was not working right however and it started fine as soon as I plugged it into a real power connector from my power supply.

Before I did though it was this weird thing where the fans would sort of spin and then stop shortly after and I got the error as well on my Asus board about no CPU fan being connected.

Archived