Corsair Community

Tighter timmings or Higher FSB?!

I was just wondering what peoples exsperince with this issue has been. Possibly post some Benchmarks. Personaly I got the 3200ll and was able to clock it up (pentium 2.6) 285x11.5 with relativly tight timmings @ 2.5 3 3 6. Though stablity becomes a problem as well as over all heating. I was able to reach approx. 79 FPS In Rise of nations @ 16X12 (Nvidia 6800 128mg, may have helped this along ;-)). I lowered the FSB down to 250x11.5 and tightened up to 2 2 2 8 rock solid and was hitting 75 FPS respectivly. So what does this tell me? Other than to get better cooling so i can clock it out, buy the lower spd 3200's and a 2.6, spend the money for a better fan and CRANK IT! Save yourself some bucks from buying a 3.2 and DDR4000. Of course others may have a diffrent exsperince. Just a thought.....

-Talon

HAHA! Your right. I must have been thinking about my old AMD. What ever the Multi. was for a 3.2 and 2.9 OC and thats what i meant to say. My 2.6 does well till about 3.1, then its anyones guess from there. Ive been having alot of difficuty with my rig lately too. All FPS are dropping off in games and i dont know what is going on. There is no way this should be happening with my setup with RON or anything else! Hmm... Well i guess its back to the old drawing board!

maybe update your vid drivers??

and how high have you been running the vcore? anything over 1.7v is considered dangerous for northwood cores, id reccomend no higher than 1.65 for everyday use, and no higher than 50C max load, because at 70C the chip will thermal throttle (it will cut out cpu clock cycles to cool down)

Archived