Corsair Community

CX600 v2 disassemble - fan noise

womb

Is there any step-by-step tut on how to disassemble CX600 PSU and fix the fan rattle ? Or maybe it doesnt have to be cx600 exactly, it can be some other PSU as long as the fix can apply to cx600.

Ive bought my 1st cx600 month ago from ebay and it started to make high pitched noise and fan rattled. Corsair was kind enough to RMA the PSU but I had to send it to holland and pay 21e shipping.

The new PSU started to rattle a month ago and Im not feeling like spending another 21e on shipping just to get new PSU.

Ive payed cca 70e for the first cx600 so you can tell why it makes no sense to RMA it.

Some companies ive dealt in the past took care of both way shipping but corsair unfortunately doesnt, at least not here in EU.

Needles to say PSU is the only Corsair product that left a bitter taste in my mouth, all others I have (ram, multiple ssds, case) are all good and would still buy, but PSU...thats a no go for me

thanks

w

Is there any step-by-step tut on how to disassemble CX600 PSU and fix the fan rattle ?

No, there is not.Also you would be voiding your wattanty instantly. So if you choose to take a shot at it, keep that in mind.

I

ve bought my 1st cx600 month ago from ebay and it started to make high pitched noise and fan rattled. Corsair was kind enough to RMA the PSU but I had to send it to holland and pay 21e shipping.

The new PSU started to rattle a month ago and Im not feeling like spending another 21e on shipping just to get new PSU.

Contact Customer service with your previous RMA number and they will in fact cover shipping both ways. So you may want to consider this before trying to dis assemble your PSu before you void the warranty.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry as our customer service had two people out of the office, but I did just send them another message and asked them to contact you so if you do not hear from them in a few hours please let me know and I will get an answer for you.

• 4 weeks later...

hi RAM guy

ive received my already 3rd CX600 and the shipping was super fast, only 4 days for sending my unit and getting new one.

BUT

the new CX600 has the same fan noise and to make things worse, this unit makes some strange crackling noises, like HDD make them, when they start to fail. I didnt even connect the PSU to my PC, i went by this YT video for testing PSU (

)

Is there anything to be done here ? I asume i can request another unit but is it by any chance possible to pay extra for what I already payed for CX600 and grab one of Corsairs higher grade PSUs ?

Thanks

Archived