Corsair Community

Impossible to get bezels back on 650D with HDD Silencers installed

bobwilson

After installing my HDD silencers, the front bezel won't fit, because the bezel clips protrude too far back into the case (where the HDD caddies are), please see attached picture.

I have used these caddies in all my PC builds, and never had this problem. I hope I'm missing something! How do you get the front bezels back on with the caddies in place? :confused:

[images attached]

IMG_3887.thumb.jpg.2b89bda8b8741514ac7cfdbaf58721ad.jpg

IMG_3886.thumb.jpg.91ce2192735d55f8e7b2ab11cf09e21c.jpg

Have you tried breaking off the extended part of the clips? I believe only the notch/raised part actually needs to be present to keep them in place. The extra material is only there to aid in removing them, and since you will be using the caddies, I don't foresee you needing to remove them all that often, if at all....

Have you tried breaking off the extended part of the clips? I believe only the notch/raised part actually needs to be present to keep them in place. The extra material is only there to aid in removing them, and since you will be using the caddies, I don't foresee you needing to remove them all that often, if at all....

Thanks for the reply, you read our minds! This is what we ended up having to do. We cut the plastic off with hot scissors (heated up on the hob).

We're a bit pissed that we had to do this, as its now very difficult to get the bezels off. It's a £150 case and not being able to install HDD caddies is a pretty major oversight! :mad:

Archived