Corsair Community

Corsair Nova2 Official Firmware Request

kobatz

Hello,i wanted to point out verry important thing.

Corsair didn't make any firmware update for nova 2 drives:(

This drives use phison s5 controller and there is unofficial update for them straight from phison!

As of S5FAM030 update all phison s5 drives including nova 2 work great with that firmware(no lags,hogs,freezes) and much better writes.

I want Corsair as a great company to make official firmware update based on that phison firmware.

I hope someone from Corsair sees this and makes it official so all drives sold out in the world start to work great and smooth as it should be from the start;)

Best regards from Luka Jevtovic aka. Kobatz

Ivan: Sandforce makes the firmware updates, not Corsair.

I know that, that's why I wrote that new FW for SF based Corsair SSD come out soon as SF release FW update for their controller.

@RAM GUY: Yes, there are no new FW for Phison based Nova 2 SSD, but there are new FW for Phison controller that Corsair Nova 2 uses.

So, if SF make new FW -> Corsair SF based SSD get's new FW many will expect the same formula with Nova 2:

Phison new FW - > Corsair Nova 2 Phison based FW.

RMA...And?I will get another nova2 with same issues...no use...

All nova2 suffer. from that issues,good luck with that...

I am happy with unofficial but I feel srry. for regular users that wasted money...RIP Nova2

No, you will not get another drive with the same issues. We will replace your drive and make sure that you will have a drive that works to your satisfaction, with no issues. But, we cannot do that if you refuse to file an RMA.

Anyone that has an issue with this drive, I urge you to contact Tech Support.

No, you will not get another drive with the same issues. We will replace your drive and make sure that you will have a drive that works to your satisfaction, with no issues. But, we cannot do that if you refuse to file an RMA.

Anyone wishing to agitate this issue or other customers, your posts WILL be removed.

Archived