Corsair Community

Memory compatibility help

Hey all,

I would like to know the compatibility status before I go ahead and do a big purchase.

psu - 1000w e-n-e-r-m-a-x (sorry it star'ed it out)

mobo - Asus Z77 Sabertooth Intel Z77

cpu - Intel Core i7-3770K

ram - 32gb 4x 8gb 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance Low Profile CML16GX3M2A1600C10

I want 32gb of the above, and would like to know if I can cram it all in, in the above specs.

Thanks

Axedup

that model is not listed for that board.

any ram on this page is certified to run on that board. http://www2.corsair.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?sc=us&id=4577279

also the filter (stars) is there for a reason, by going around it violates your agreement to use this forum. not trying to be a chooch, just trying to help you not get in trouble :):

also IMPORTANT combining 2 sets of ram is not supported, see below.

if i remember the Z77 chipset has certain requirements to be perfectly stable, and all the ram on the page i linked has passed the requirements.

and again i cannot stress enough that combining 2 sets of ram is not supported, suggested or guaranteed to run at speed if at all.

i would wait to see if Ram Guy would suggest CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10 to meet your chipset requirements.

just to clarify, all the ram needs to be from 1 single package, not 2.

Thinking about combining 2 or more sets of ram?? even the same part# is not suggested, recommended or supported.

the Vengeance line would be the only low profile ram i know of unless CMD32GX3M4A2133C9 fit?

oh,

You keep mentioning mixing sets, but 2 sets of 2 x 8gb chips is compatible?
no i meant on that page the largest capacity is 16Gig and will not meet your requirements.

maybe a different cooler like the H100 or any watercooling would be a better fir to meet your need of 32G of ram?

thanks for the clarification.

I just had to make sure you didn't mean same family / model number, not all 4 from the same package :)

As I mentioned, I haven't bought any of the kit yet, I wanna do the compatibility match first, so I can't confirm how much space there will be after the 32gb vengeance stuff is in place. (that's if ram guy approves :P)

Not interested in water cooled just yet, only if I'm forced to!

I just had to make sure you didn't mean same family / model number, not all 4 from the same package :)

thats exactly what i meant. all 4 sticks must come from the same single package regardless of capacity if you want to be covered.

ie: a single 4x8 kit is correct, a 2x8+2x8 is not covered.

plus what heatsink were you considering? i dont need the name just the model# ;):

So my overall combo (wishlist!)

Motherboard - Asus Z77 Sabertooth

cpu - Intel Core i7-3770K 3.50GHz

cpu cooler - Zalman CNPS12X (or if space is an issue Zalman CNPS11X Extreme)!

Memory 32gb 4 x8gb - (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9) or (CMP32GX3M4X1600C10, Dominator) or (CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10, Vengeance XMP)

Thanks,

Axedup

Archived