Corsair Community

Asus K8V SE Deluxe

TheNatural213

I just recently upgraded to the 64 bit athlon, so I decided to get the Corsair ram because I heard it was the best. This is the ram I have :

Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack)184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail

(limit 10 per customer)

- Specifications -

Manufacturer: Corsair

Speed: DDR400(PC3200)

Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM

Error Checking: Non-ECC

Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered

Cas Latency: 2-3-2-6 1T

Support Voltage: 2.6V

Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s

Organization: two 64M x 64 -Bit

Special Features: Low Latency with Black Heat Spreader

Warranty: Lifetime

Model#: TWINX1024-3200LL

Item#: N82E16820145435

The problem I'm having is Windows XP says it can't load certain setup files to the hard drive. I've bought a new hard drive, still same problem. New board and new processor. I can format the drive just fine, but it is just having problems installing Windows Xp. I've tried 3 different Windows CD's (which work on other computers). Is there any settings I need to know of to get this ram to work? Or am I just going to have to get new ram? (I was also told that this was a ram issue and was directed to this website).

• Corsair Employees

Thanks nightmare!

Please make sure that you have the latest bios 1.004 beta 6 or newer and with this MB I would suggest you install the modules in slots 1-3 and set the these timings and then set the Dim Voltage to +2.7 Volts:

CAS Latency CL=2.0

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 6

Row Precharge Time tRP 2

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Enable 2T Timing Disabled

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org and make sure it's stable! If you have problems, I would set Enable 2T Timings to AUTO and test it again!

I still had 6000 errors, and I never saw anything about a 2t Timing, does it have any other thing it goes by? Also, I'm new at this so does :

tras 6 = tras 6clock cycles?

Good news is I got to install stuff on my computer like Windows...but then things like games still crash.

Have you tried running just 1 module at a time in Slot 1 (the blue one)? Run the Memtest on each one by itself.

Is the RAM brand new? Even when windows was crashing on me the memory test ran with 0 errors. If the Ram is brand new I'd take it back to the store (and pickup the 3200XL stuff its a little faster 2-2-2-5 and runs fine on my K8V SE Deluxe)

Or buy another "test" stick of Ram from a local store, one without a restocking fee ;)

Power Supply > At least 350 Watts from a good company like Antec

Bios > Did you get that "Beta" update with the ASUSUpdate tool (.DE server I think)

Timings > Will the Ram run at a slower speed? My 3500 ran fine at 333 Mhz (change the timings in the bios)

Has there been any issues with the ram I currently have with the MSI K8N Neo Platinum? This mobo has gotten the best reviews, and was just wondering if it would support the ram I have now. It said on their website that it would support the 256 module that I have, but not the 512. Any clarification would be helpful.

Archived