Corsair Community

Receiving 200ex 08/25/04 Tips Appreciated for H2O Noob.

Necrosis

Just like the title states. I'm extremely green to water cooling, but am far from a novice anything else computer related. However, I do have experience /w plumbing work. If anyone has any tips for me on setting this up it would be greatly appreciated!! :): BTW it will be cooling an Intel 3.0e OC'ed to 3.5GHz. Currently I'm using the Thermalright SLK-947U /w a Thermaltake Smartfan II.

The only tip I would suggest is to make sure that you put the CPU retention bracket over the tubing BEFORE you thread the tubing through the PCI bracket. This is not clear in the instructions that come with the unit. Once you have the system filled and the resevoir cap screwed on shake the unit a little to get out any trapped air in the system. Hope you enjoy your Hydrocool.

Necrosis,

I recommend that you read these forums to get an idea of what others are doing. there are alot of great ideas and tips that will save you a ton of time. I presonally started here and made some mistakes but learned more just reading and staying in touch with the forum. I also saved countless dollars by following some valuable advise. Good luck.

Marc

Archived