Corsair Community

Memory problem on Msi x48c platinum

b_gholamali

Hi every body,

I have a MSI x48c platinum mainboard,

Recently i bought a ddr3 memory module (corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C9) trying to upgrade my system,

after replacing old memories with new ones, system didn't boot. Even bios setting page did not apear. So i installed old rams and by decreasing Dram frequensy at 1066MHz and then replacing old and new memories i managed to boot the system up and use the new modules.

Now the question is that how i can use the maximum of ram frequency? Which setting do you recomend?

I set everything else on auto at bios settings.

Here is an image of my bios setting page where all settings are shown:

minus.com/lM5jHYAgmAwfI

• Corsair Employees
With that MB and CPU the fastest you could run the memory at would be DDR1333. With the older Intel P35, X38, X45, P45 chipsets you cannot run the memory frequency faster than the CPU FSB and if you have more than 2 modules install you may be limited to DDR1066.

With that MB and CPU the fastest you could run the memory at would be DDR1333. With the older Intel P35, X38, X45, P45 chipsets you cannot run the memory frequency faster than the CPU FSB and if you have more than 2 modules install you may be limited to DDR1066.

Even with a single module system can't boot with a ram fsb higher than 1066,

is it possible to set higher fsb for ram by overclocking the cpu?

• 1 year later...

OK, I know it's an old topic but I had a similar problem with the board,

so I would like to ask if you solved the problem? I managed to solve,

and to know that boards can run memory frequency faster than CPU FSB, i can prove it.

My q9550 work on 3400mhz with memory frequency on 1600mhz. And this is the only way my board work stable, strange but true. I heard that the board has a problem with CPUs that have E0 stepping.

Not with default settings, it will not to boot with default settings. When I overclock the system then works perfectly. I tried with differed types of memory and I found combination of two sets of memory to work perfectly, I do not know if I can mention the memory manufacturers? To note that if you go to DDR3 memory, then you should not use (switch cards). I managed to work on the factory settings, only slightly different procedure.

• 1 year later...

I have the x48 msi mainboard (model ms7353 ver3) and xms3 1600 v8.13 ram modules.

When I put some other brands on my msi mobo They work ok at 1333.

When I put xms3 no boot.

When I set bios to 1066 and it boots but i get read errors in memtest86 and also windows not working ok.

It seems the x48 chipset or msi mainboard are not at fault Because they work at 1333 with other brands.

When I boot with 1066 and go to bios and change to 1333 or 1600 (with xmp profile)No more boot and hear 3long beeps from buzzer regarding no ram.

So my xms3 memory not workin at advertised 1600 and not even in standard 1333 but only at 1066 and faulty.

But same xms3 rams are working ok with my other computer with x48 chipset from asus company (model p5e3 pro).

So nothing is faulty but some incompatibility between components.

I am wonder some people claim They managed to get xms3 rams working on msi with default settings or with 1066 but I guess they used another version of xms3 rams other than my ver8.13 .

Any help and technical experiences are appreciated .

Please help.

Archived