Corsair Community

Ic7-max III and 2x512 Cmx512-3200c2pt

jm6238

OK, I dont know much about ram so deal with me. I have two sticks of 512 c2pt pc3200 and they are supposed to be rated at 2-3-3-6 timings. Well I finally learn alittle about timing and I go into the bios to check it out and it says they are running at 3-3-3-8. I thought maybe it was jus cuz of auto detect and needed to be tweaked so i manually adjusted them to 2-3-3-6 and my computer wouldnt reboot. I then reset bios and tried again jus to make sure, and same thing happened. Then i was using the game accelator option and put it on turbo instead of auto, Turbo should easily work with xms cuz i know how good the memory should be(From what I am told anyway) but it wont boot with turbo either. Any idea what would cause this? oh it is 2 sticks of version 3.1 cmx512-3200c2pt. I also tried one stick at a time and they both did same thing. {EDIT} seems to work fine at auto settings though.

• Corsair Employee
Are these 2 single modules or were they purchased as a Twinx set? If they are 2 single modules the suggested settings would be Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and I would set the dim voltage to 2.7 Volts as well! You might try and test the modules one at a time at Cass 2-3-3-6 and let’s make sure one is not failing!

Archived