Corsair Community

Corsair HS1A disassembly

ufoalf

My HS1A headset is broken at cable connection right at the base of headphone. Unfortunately it's been a long time since I bought it, no box, no receipt. Cannot RMA.

Are there threads with pictures/explanation or engineering schematics I can download for HS1A? I'd like to disassemble the headphones myself and fix them, but I'd like to do minimal damage while taking them apart.

I fully understand that it is not advised and will void warranty but I'd like to see if there's a way to disassemble them, fix the base and reassemble(even if I have to create a new way to hold them together).

• 1 year later...

As the OP, I also have an HS1a and was preparing for a little disassembly hoping to be able to repair the exact same issue. It stopped working within 3 months of purchase well over a year ago and unfortunately I didn't have the time to take care of this in a timely manner.

Wish I had time earlier as I might have run across this post - at any rate, any chance of RMA'ing my HS1a or am I floating down the river without a paddle?

Thanks,

Edo

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, 2 years!? I thought only one year... at any rate, I've looked high and low over the past few days and can't seem to find my receipt anywhere (and I tend to be meticulous about holding onto valid receipts but now that I need one I can't find it... go figure).

Anyways, I guess that means I can't RMA them without a receipt? If that's the case, any chance I could get some help taking the headset apart without damaging it?

At this point the headset hasn't been taken apart and it's cosmetically in PERFECT condition (yes, I capitalized perfect... don't ask me why).

Again, thanks for any help whatsoever,

Edo

Archived