Corsair Community

Dell 400sc and VS256MB400

Banginblaz

Ok, I will start troubleshooting individual stick on saturday, but here is the situation. I bought 4 sticks of this ram for my 400sc. I previously had 1 stick of kingston value 512 333, comp ran flawlessly. Now i get random freezing, ie: while browsing, opening a webcam, opening solitaire, etc.... The only thing i changed is the ram, no new software either. For complete (or close to) info on my system, go [URL=http://www.aaltonen.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8]here[/URL] . The only thing i can guess (if not a bad stick) is that this MB is picky on its CAS speeds (which are non-changeable, of course). The fastest reported solid system was @ 2.5, 3, 3, 6. I recall reading that these sticks are 2.5, 4, 4, 8. So that shouldnt be an issue. The computer also runs fine in safe mode, which I thought odd.... anyway, please post opinions. Thx Tim

well, I didnt let it sit in safe mode for long..... But I did put my kingston value 512/333 stick back in last night, and it hasent frozen yet. So the issue is with dual-channel, or the ram. If my comp is still up monday night, I will have no choice but to return the ram. I have heard so many wonderful things about corsair, I really hope this is an issue with my mobo, and not your ram.......

[quote name='RAM GUY']What O.S. are you using? And you are not trying to mix our modules and your other memory are you? And how many modules do you have installed?[/QUOTE] Xp pro sp1, I have the kingston back in now, by itself, and what I had was 4 sticks (of vs256mb400), running in dual channel, for a total of 1gig. I honestly think the cas is just too fast.... I might have to downgrade to cas3...

Archived