Corsair Community

Want to upgrade from 2x4gb CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 to 2x2x4

Phantom81

Hi All,

Currently i have mobo Asus P8P67 and using 1 kit of CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 (2x4gb) in XMP profile. The CPU is I72600K on 4.2ghz overclock.

Now i am considering should i put 1 more kit of the same memory, and will there be some problems with my system (instability, not working XMP with 2 kits etc)?

Thank you in advance!

But there is still a big chance that there will be no problem, right? :)

Perhaps you could advice me based on your experience, should i go for it and buy 1 more kit, with the small chance that there will be some incompatibility, or should i just leave the idea out?

Thank you.

It's more than a small chance really about 50/50. I wouldn't

Corsair does not suggest or support add/mixing/combing memory because it can be hit or miss and any number of issues can show up because of incompatibility issues between the two kits.

This is why they go through the rigorous testing and packaging memory into tested kits

You are more than welcome to try anything you like, but if you do have issues using multiple kits, then there is not a lot Corsair can do about it.

For complete compatibility and guaranteed rated speeds all your memory has to come from one single tested package.

Archived