Corsair Community

Corsair HX750 Fan Problem

harryFTB

Hello everyone,

I recently built my first computer and I have a question about the HX750. When I press the power button to power up the computer, the computer turns on. I looked at the PSU when it powers on and the fan starts spinning but immediately stops. The power is running through the rest of the computer though. Is this normal? I can provide a video if needed.

Yes this is normal. The PSU runs in a fan less mode until it reaches a certain temp/load. The fan spins briefly upon boot up because it has it's own controller that is independent of the MB .

Basic PC power supplies have fans that spin whenever your PC is on – whether you’re pushing your graphics card to the limit or just surfing the web. HX Series power supplies are smarter than that: they generate less heat, so they require less cooling, and the thermally controlled fan only spins when it’s needed.

http://www.corsair.com/us/power-supply-units/hx-series-power-supply-units/hx-series-hx750-power-supply-750-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-modular-psu.html

Archived