Corsair Community

BSOD and memory errors

Stumpee

Hi Everyone,

I am a noob to these forums so please be gentle.

I just bought 2x 4GB Corsair Vengence CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B and installed them. the next day i started getting BSOD for memory modules. I ran memtest86 and it was fine for one stick and wouldn't even get past the boot screen for the other stick. My question is if this RAM is even compatible with my processor and mobo? I don't want to exchange these for replacements if the replacements aren't going to work.

mobo: Acer Aspire X4300G

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 255

I have CPU-Z so if you need more info please let me know

Thanks Guys

Unfortunatly your model does not appear in the memory finder and in this case it may be best to contact Acer and ask them if they will work or not.

Also, your CPU only supports a max frequency of 1333mhz and in order to achieve anything faster you would need to overclock the CPU. If your BIOS allows it.

May be best to find a 1333mhz kit instead of a 1600mhz kit .

As far as your memtest results go, it appears you have a faulty stick out of that kit and they will need to be replaced . If you are still within your resellers time frame to be able to return it, i would start there. If they can't help you then please use the link on the left to request an RMA.

They will exchange the stick, but i wanted to make sure it will work before exchanging and having the same issue again.

Whats the danger of running 1333mhz instead of 1600mhz? or i just wont be getting the most our of the RAM? I do plan on upgrading mobo and processor eventually.

You will want to get both sticks replaced and not just one so you get a matched set back. Replacing just one of them may cause you more trouble than what you have now.

There is no danger in running them at 1333mhz. But they may not be compatible with your new MB/CPU.

Archived