Corsair Community

corsair ax1200i

ultrauser

Hey guys i just bought today the corsair 1200i and i ahve some questions:

The Tool doesnt recognize my fans (they are 4 noctuas). Ist there a special way how i have to plugin to the psu that they get recognized?

also my selftest doesn't work? maybe i did a msitake on the3 testing way. I tested it as i used to put all cables to the mainboard. Is the selftest only working without attached cables?

kind regards

not so far i just played battlefield 3/guild wars 2; i also got today my new gigabyte 7950 and i overclocked to 1ghz its really workls smooth so far. I connected the Corsair link on usb port of the motherboard and com on the psu. It only recognizes 1 fan of the gpu, but its also a tripple fan cooling system. It also doesn't recognize the cpu cooler

Hey guys i just bought today the corsair 1200i and i ahve some questions:

Is the selftest only working without attached cables?

kind regards

Yes it is. Just plug it to the wall and press and hold the selftest button. Do you have maybe some little regular "click" noise every 13-15 seconds in idle mode when fan is not working?

that really sucks man. On the prduct description it says u can controll it with the software by using it directly on the motherboard or the corsair link. you can't read from the description that its a only special feature with the corsair link to control fans

As quote u can see it here:

"Put the AX1200i under your control by connecting it directly to a USB header on your motherboard with the included cable, or to a Corsair Link Commander (available separately). Then, download the free Corsair Link Dashboard software for unrivaled power supply monitoring and control options. Monitor power input and output, efficiency, fan speed, and internal temperature, directly from the Windows based application. Or, take it to the next level and set up and modify fan speed profiles, or even select from virtual “single rail” or “multi-rail” software modes, with selectable OCP points."

that really sucks man. On the prduct description it says u can controll it with the software by using it directly on the motherboard or the corsair link.

Correct, you can control the PSU only from your MB OR the Corsair LINK(available separately). You can control the PSU fan without LINK and set up custom fan profiles for the PSU... but not your other case fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay after a week of use I understand the functions of the Software and the prduct discription. Btw the Software is still beta and buggy (It says I have 100% effiency lol).

But for now I have another serious problem with this psu: It has a really high frequently sound making like someone is screaming. I first thought its the GPU (AMD 7950). After I changed it with another Graphic card I can say it is definitly the psu. It is so disturbing that i have to pull down the switch when I dont use the computer.

Is there anything I can do to stop it?

Or have I write the technical support because of that sound? ( I wrote them 1 week ago because also 2 of 3 4pin molex cable are defect but they still didn't answer)

• Corsair Employees
Please check in the BIOS under Power Management and see if you have a setting for ERP and if so enable it that should clear that noise up. There is a sticky at the top of the PSU section that gave some things to check for a noisy PSU.

Okay I followed the sticky at the top of the PSU section. I first checked the BIOS settings: I have no ErP function but C1E and EIST.

I disabeld both and now that sound got even louder!!!

Then I changed the graphic card and tested it with enabled and disabled C1E and EIST, but the same noise.

• Corsair Employees

NP and it is not uncommon for the fan to make a clicking sound when it turns on or off so if that is what you hear that may be normal but it should not be so loud that you can hear it once the system is closed and all of the other fans are running.

Did you figure out the issue with Corsair Link?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sir,

The product description is a little bit misunderstanding, I misunderstood the product description with the software and Corsair Link. I dont own the Corsair Link Commander, that is why I can't control case fans with the software. When I have some more money I will buy the Corsair Link Commander :)

My friends had some time on this weekend and we had some time on testing:

The results are bad: Even with enabled or disabled power saving functions in the BIOS, this high frequently sound still exists on all tested mainboards. When the computer is powered off, it is somtimes getting worse.

Also by comparing the 24 pin cable we saw a difference: on my corsair cable there is missing a pin. Is this normal? I have made also a photo of that part.

That clicking sound you are talking about I am always hearing just once, when I am starting the computer. It is not the clicking sound that I mean. I haved recorded that high frequently sound when my computer was in idle.

Do want to have the photo and the .wav data?

I have uploaded them also:

The link for the photo is: http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3023/bd2z8sya_jpg.htm

The link for .wav data is: http://www.file-upload.net/download-4821343/psusound.wav.html

Kind regards

• Corsair Employees

That Pin that is missing is the Current ATX 2.1 Specification as it no longer uses one of the Negative voltages, so if the system you are using requires that voltage then our PSU none of them and 99% of the PSU on the market will not work on your system.

Did you look at the stickies on top of the PSU section there is one called Noisy PSU you should look at first. What you have described sounds like a coil wine and can be caused by many things out side of the PSU.

I would check the outlet you are using is properly grounded to start with and check the BIOS settings under power management as explained in that sticky.

Yes, I looked the sticky. C1E and EIST are disabled, but there was no change. My Mainboard does not have ErP as function.

I activated/deactivated vsynch on Battlefield 3/Guild Wars 2, also no change.

I have a Gigabyte AMD 7950, my friends have a gtx 580 and a Powercolor 4870, we tried it with 3 different computers in 2 different houses and on every system there is this sound.

My outlet is grounded. How can a grounded outlet effect the PSU on wining?

• Corsair Employees
With the current ATX specification the Ground is floating and if you use an outlet that is not grounded properly it can cause all kinds of issues including causing the Coils in the PSU to Buzz or sequel. But the Ground must be intact on all of our PSU or they may not work properly

Archived