Corsair Community

System doesn't boot

CartmanJr

I have just recently bought the Corsair Vengeance 2x 8GB CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R and I am having trouble with my computer not booting, It powers for a second but then turns off.

Motherboard: ASRock N68C-S UCC

CPU: Phenom x3 8450

I was maybe thinking my CPU didn't support it, which is annoying as it is not said.

Your CPU only has a max supported frequency of 1333mhz and you would have to overclock the CPU to reach 1600mhz IF it will even handle it.

As far as the boot issue goes, i would check ASROCKS site for a BIOS update and flash your BIOS to the latest version . They often add compatibility for newer modules.

Also make sure you clear the CMOS before inserting the RAM and use just one stick initially to get the machine running after a BIOS update. Then shut down and insert the remaining RAM

Your CPU only has a max supported frequency of 1333mhz and you would have to overclock the CPU to reach 1600mhz IF it will even handle it.

As far as the boot issue goes, i would check ASROCKS site for a BIOS update and flash your BIOS to the latest version . They often add compatibility for newer modules.

Also make sure you clear the CMOS before inserting the RAM and use just one stick initially to get the machine running after a BIOS update. Then shut down and insert the remaining RAM

Thanks for the reply, I will try updating the BIOS when I get a chance. I was also told that the RAM would run at the highest supported speed, is this wrong?

Did u make sure to clear the cmos before inserting the new memory? You could try that andthen insert just one stick and see if it will not boot then. Then shut down and install the remaining stlick.

Also you might want to test the modules with memtest one at a time in the first slot just to be sure you do not have a bad module. Let each stick run for 3 passes or until you get an error.i

Let us know how you make out.

Archived