Corsair Community

Corsair gs800 tikking noise

ceezyro

Hi, I recently bought a new computer to assemble by myself but I straight away noticed that when the fan of the psu starts up makes a weird tikking noise like an old floppydisk. So today I brought it back to the computer shop and I got a new same problem now my question is what can I do about that I disabled Q-fan on the mobo and I still have the same noise, can you get in the psu without harming the warranty to change the fan?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18829732/VIDEO0037.3gp <= the sound it makes

No, you will void the warranty by opening the case.

As far as the tikking goes, it should not be that loud. About all you can do is return it or RMA it.

it's not that loud but it's irritating, I can hear it when my case is 50 cm away, and i don't think the shop can help me further the psu's are just that way for some reason. remember that this is the second one with the same problem

• Corsair Employees
Ticking noise from a PSU in general is not uncommon, although we have seen cases where the noise is louder than the case fans, if this is your case then please submit and RMA request and we can get the PSU replaced. If its very faint, then there is nothing wrong with your power supply.

Archived