Corsair Community

AX850 Coil whine is back when moving mouse

Kraven

Hi I RMA'd my new AX850 back in November last year when I had the same issue, and the replacement solved it, no more whine.

However yesterday I noticed its back with avengeance and now its driving me crazy. It happens whenever I move the mouse around the screen, and its a very low pitch whine. Would I require a replacement? Or is there a new method of solving the issue?

New PSU arrived very fast, but the issue is still here!

I don't understand why there is coil whine when moving the mouse. It would be fine if the noise was constant I could probably live with it but the fact it does it when the mouse moves is so irritating.

Argh not happy.

That would suggest it may not be the PSU that is the problem, can you test another mouse and what Video card do you have installed and what Driver version are you using?

I will try find a different mouse, but I have a 580 gtx and i was running the latest drivers but have been trying the beta drivers now for the last hour and the issue still remains.

The replacement psu did reduce the noise I was getting from the back of the PSU so that is a positive but still moving the mouse around gives a low whine.

Archived